Wabbits has a new brother i need a name for him

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyandlaurie

Reaction score
Hey evryone just wanted to share my new baby with everyone and wanted to see if anyone has any good names for the boy i have not a clue i am going to post pictures in just a bit i need advice on names for this boy:?

I added pictures and changed my profile picture to my new rabbit,,,any thoughts,,,and nancy I might do that my son is already calling it a "bunny" and a "wabbit" as he points back and forth between the two rabbits

my new bunny has a half tan and half black face calico and one white foot,,,he lets me pick him up and loves to "cuddle". I even trimmed his nails already and I have only had him for about 24 hours...he seems very sweet and lovable, lets hope he stays that way lol and still looking for names but it might be bunny

I'd have to say Bunny too. Your Son already seems to like the name if he's already pointing and saying it.

So glad to hear how well the new bunny is doing. Smart to think there might be a slight change to the "cuddles" and sweet personality, but I find it's only temporary. It happened with all my rabbits. Just like mine, Once Bunny really settles in, I think those cuddles will be part of his lovely personality showing already.

K

I think his name is bunny then..lol..he is a great rabbit so far, no messes on the floor (yet lol) the only thing I have a few questions about are...he "nibbles" on me and it hurts cause he uses his teeth, how do I get him to stop doing that without frightening him, and I guess wabbit and bunny are ok with each other cause I let them out and they didnt fight but wabbit is a girl and she kept "doing the nasty" do him is that a dominance thing and should I stop it when she does it or should I just let them work it out??...thank you for all the support

tonyandlaurie wrote:
I think his name is bunny then..lol..he is a great rabbit so far, no messes on the floor (yet lol) the only thing I have a few questions about are...he "nibbles" on me and it hurts cause he uses his teeth, how do I get him to stop doing that without frightening him, and I guess wabbit and bunny are ok with each other cause I let them out and they didnt fight but wabbit is a girl and she kept "doing the nasty" do him is that a dominance thing and should I stop it when she does it or should I just let them work it out??...thank you for all the support
Bunny is grooming you. That's a good thing, because grooming is a way a bunny bonds to another. But it does hurt and you can tone down those grooming habits. Mine did the same. When they groomed with teeth, I would say Ouch, and then a firm, not loud No. You don't want to stop the bonding but stop the teeth part. It took me a few times, even setting the bunny back in his crate, but they seem to have gotten the picture. They now just lick and purr.

Also Wabbit is "doing the nasty" to show dominance. When a new rabbit comes into a household with an established rabbit there already, they need to work out the pecking order. It's just hardwired into them. Just watch though. As Bunny gets used to his surroundings, and more confident, those dominance acts could start a fight. I'd just do supervised outings for a while, just to be sure.

Hope this helps a bit.

K

Yep, Agnes did the nibble type grooming only a select few times. I would say no, and "screech" just a bit (not enough to freak her out) and push her head gently down (what momma does to kits) and she learned SO fast. Rabbits are very intelligent if given clear and consistency with firmness but not too much aggressiveness so as not to scare them off. Now she only licks me. And licks me, and licks me....:)

Thank you so much for all the support it really helps he seems very smart....im not sure if wabbit is fixed but i dont want any babbies as of yet so dont know if im going to let them out together..lol

He sounds really cute!

The "teething" problem is pretty easy to solve. Just do a little "eep!" just like bunnies correct each other to say, "Hey, that's a little rough!"

I think it is the smart choice not to let the two run together. Especially if you are unsure of the gender, you don't want an oopsie! c:

Latest posts

Back