Visited by the Gender Faerie...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xKuchiki

Reaction score
So Clover ended up being .. er.. a boy. Except he has nipples, I think. When I got Clover back from the vets they said "your girl.. is a boy". Now imo Clover isn't a very boyish name, so I'm thinking of naming him Kodi. Anyone want to add any other macho names? :p

P.S When I asked Clover if he was a boy, his ears perked right up :biggrin2:

I think Clover works for a boy! When I was little, I had a friend whose girl Clover ended up being a boy too. Is there any chance the vet could be wrong? I've only ever felt nipples on my girl bunny. I've had 4 boys, each a different breed, and haven't felt nipples on any of them.

it sounds sort of similar(ish), maybe you can call him Klondike?

I tend to like weird names for animals though, some names I tossed around for my boy when I got him were:

Jasper
Wesley
Charles
Nitro
Baxter

That is too bad as Clover is one of my favourite names for a bunny. How about Oliver? It sort of resembles the name Clover with the "ver", no?

Other names: Colby, Duke, Emmett, Jack, Jake, Jaxon, Logan, Miles, Milo, Ollie, Oscar, Riley, Theodore (Theo), Toby, Xavier, Wyatt.

Willpostmore when I think of them.

@licia wrote:
That is too bad as Clover is one of my favourite names for a bunny. How about Oliver? It sort of resembles the name Clover with the "ver", no?

Other names: Colby, Duke, Emmett, Jack, Jake, Jaxon, Logan, Miles, Milo, Ollie, Oscar, Riley, Theodore (Theo), Toby, Xavier, Wyatt.

I love the name Theodore, that's why I named my lionhead that!

Emmett is a really cute name as well as Riley, although my sister had a boyfriend named Riley who I absolutely despised so no Riley for me :3

I thought of Ollie and Oliver, and they are on my top ten. Quite cute names :]

CIMG0615.jpg

CIMG0617.jpg

CIMG0624.jpg

Apparently cards taste good.. vvvvvvvvvv
CIMG0637.jpg

(I'll try to remind myself this isn't a photo thread :p)

Here's my top 5 list of names -

10. Samuel
9. Jak
8. Kodi
7. Oliver
6. Emmett
5. Herbie

The last 5 are for my ABSOLUTE favorite.. Ollie is one of them!

xKuchiki wrote:
So Clover ended up being .. er.. a boy. Except he has nipples, I think. When I got Clover back from the vets they said "your girl.. is a boy". Now imo Clover isn't a very boyish name, so I'm thinking of naming him Kodi. Anyone want to add any other macho names? :p

I haven't got a name suggestion but, am now a little confused as, my boys leo and blue have nipples too, I always thought that both sexes had them, is this true?

xKuchiki wrote:
@licia wrote:

I love the name Theodore, that's why I named my lionhead that!

Emmett is a really cute name as well as Riley, although my sister had a boyfriend named Riley who I absolutely despised so no Riley for me :3

I thought of Ollie and Oliver, and they are on my top ten. Quite cute names :]

CIMG0615.jpg

CIMG0617.jpg

CIMG0624.jpg

Apparently cards taste good.. vvvvvvvvvv
CIMG0637.jpg

(I'll try to remind myself this isn't a photo thread :p)

Here's my top 5 list of names -

10. Samuel
9. Jak
8. Kodi
7. Oliver
6. Emmett
5. Herbie

The last 5 are for my ABSOLUTE favorite.. Ollie is one of them!

Glad you liked the names I suggested. Your boy sure is a cutie! I think he really could suit either Oliver, Emmett, Herbie or Samuelfrom the photos (especially Emmett). But then again, Riley is such an innocent-sounding name that I think would also be just perfect for the little guy...

Good luck!

Clover is actually a gender neuter name--if the bunny already knows it we wouldn't change it--you're call. Since most of ours are shelter bunnies, we had to pick out names. And, speaking of the gender fairy, we got Nik-Nik from a shelter based on an add from the Penny Saver--" mixed male mini" with a picture and the phone number for the Tracy Animal Shelter. We name him Nicky. Waited a couple days for the "comfort factor" before checking for gender and found out our Nicholas was a female. She was the sweetest and nosiest rabbit we ever had--sure do miss her these last two years.

I've only owned Clover for roughly a month, and no, he doesn't know his name yet. Anyways, here's a jumble of some of my favorite names (in no particular order) :

Oliver/Ollie
Ryli
Baxter
Herbie
Emmett
Kodi

kirsterz09 wrote:
xKuchiki wrote:

I haven't got a name suggestion but, am now a little confused as, my boys leo and blue have nipples too, I always thought that both sexes had them, is this true?
Yes your right. Both boy and girl bunny's have nipples. Except it harder to find the boys.

Just to let yall know, all mammals(both genders) have nipples.

Clover is a any-sex name. It sounds good for both genders - but this isn't half as annoying as it is with a stinkpot I own.

His name is Zack, but he now appears to be female becuase of the size of his tail - it's short and doesn't have a real defiant lump like the males should have! Not as short as the avarage female though, so it's puzzling. It looks like he grew except for his tail!
I've seen him as a male for 7 years, if he's a she, it's going to be difficult trying to call him by a "girly" name. It'll be quite weird having a FEMALE turtle with an obvious BOY'S name. lol

But oh well. Stuff like that happens often, and people end up with pets with a strange names.

I like Clover for either sex... but Oliver would be my second choice. He is a beautiful boy, regardless!

Denise

Latest posts

Back