Veggies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobalop wrote:
Delphinum wrote:
If it's the Dennis that I think you're talking about... he is banned from this site.

Ang

Thanks for that Ang. I was not aware of that. What a shame,but I won't ask why as that is not appropriate, but I will mail himprivately.

Best wishes

Bob
tis not a shame in the least. And since you know him you knowvery well how he behaves. it is one thing to have a difference ofopinion, it's quite another to attack people for it. THeinappropriate thing is how one behaves t'wards others you are supose toshare a common interest in.

Gabby wrote:
Bobalop wrote:
Delphinum wrote:
If it's the Dennis that I think you're talking about... he is banned from this site.

Ang

Thanks for that Ang. I was not aware of that. What a shame,but I won't ask why as that is not appropriate, but I will mail himprivately.

Best wishes

Bob
tis not a shame in the least. And since you know him you knowvery well how he behaves. it is one thing to have a difference ofopinion, it's quite another to attack people for it. THeinappropriate thing is how one behaves t'wards others you are supose toshare a common interest in.

Quite right Gabby:D. There are people on here who probably know morethan he did but they would never dream of attacking anyone orbelittling their intelligence like he did! Theres a difference in anopinion and theres down right rude!

---------------------------------------------------

When people give their buns broccoli do they cook it first? I'm sorryI'm really new with veggies and don't really give them more than acarrot. I would like to start but never know what is good and whatisn't. This post has given me some inspiration though!

Vickie

DaisyNBuster wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Bobalop wrote:
Delphinum wrote:

Ang

Best wishes

Bob

Quite right Gabby:D. There are people on here who probably know morethan he did but they would never dream of attacking anyone orbelittling their intelligence like he did! Theres a difference in anopinion and theres down right rude!

---------------------------------------------------

When people give their buns broccoli do they cook it first? I'm sorryI'm really new with veggies and don't really give them more than acarrot. I would like to start but never know what is good and whatisn't. This post has given me some inspiration though!

Vickie
LOL...Apparently I "stepped into" something I didnt know anything aboutwhen it comes to Dennis. I must have not been a member yet when allthat happened. Sorry for opening a bad subject, but I thought he mightbe someone hadnt met yet, and wanted to know why he came sohighly recommended by Bob.

I dont cook my buns veggies, and when they did get broccoli they seemd to love it raw.

Lanna

I give it fresh, they love the cruchiness about it.

I basically am going by the HRS site because I don't really trust theaverage site. The HRS tends to lean towards the more natural diet, so Ifigure they know something about it!

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/diet.html

(Click on the links -- there are some suggested veggies and fruits on the right)

tis not a shame in theleast. And since you know him you know very well how he behaves. it isone thing to have a difference of opinion, it's quite another to attackpeople for it. THe inappropriate thing is how one behavest'wards others you are supose to share a common interest in.

As i said, I was not aware of what happened, (although I can imagine),but really do not wish to comment further as Dennis is not here todefend himself nor did i get involved in any debate that may have beenhad.

I really do think that that is only fair under the curcumstances.

I wish I had ket my humour to myself now :) On a more general note, Itoo think that the HRS site has a lot to offer regarding diet andnutrition as it speaks exclusively for the pet rabbit and does not haveto take into account the (often0 very different requirements ofcommercially grown or bred rabbits and thier requirements.

At the end of the day everyone and everybunny has individualrequirements, likes and dislikes and as carers it is down to us tosupply that and also to work out what it is in the first place!

Best wishes

bob

Bobalop wrote:
Atthe end of the day everyone and everybunny has individual requirements,likes and dislikes and as carers it is down to us to supply that andalso to work out what it is in the first place!
Quite right there. No one can tell you what's exactly right for yourrabbit as you know it best and know what works. I mean I feed mybunnies a lot less than they should get considering their size, buttheir metabolism seems to be slow so I have to adjust according to whatworks best for them.

I initially added more greens because I was worried about waterconsumption at night when their dishes freeze but it's turned into amixture of the 2 diets and appears to be working very well for both myboys!

To answer the question, is Dennis a vet? No. He is not.

If anyone is in the least bit curious as to why he was banned, hespeaks for himself. Search for posts by HankHanky and read them all.

Spiced77 wrote:
only mr licks will eat carrots here.. princess wont touch em!

and thank you Bo B :D your Bo looks so much like my princessi cant get over it lol :) just more 'boyish' if you can say that of abunny :)
Is she a mini or standard rex? Is that her in the avatar?

I love seeing the similarity of the bunnies :)

DaisyNBuster wrote:

Vickie
I always give fresh, crunchy veggies. Cooking anything takes out some of the good vitamins and such.

Limit the Kale because large amounts can be lethal!

Aww so is Bo! So we've 3 castor Rex'sat least on here! Can we see more pictures please?!I love seeing pictures! :D

Ang xx

:DNothing against anyone's bunnies, Ilove them all, but it's fun seeing other bunnies like Bo!He's like one of my kids, I love him to pieces :)

Hi,
My name is Dawn and I am new to the site. My bun Downy is almost 7months old. I saw your post about cheerios, that you give your bunthem, we have been giving downy them for months and she seems to lovethem she gets about 5 a day, but I just read where this is bad, but Ihave read so many diet sites they say so many different things. Do yougive yours cheerios and is that okay in the amount i said. Please letme know.
Thanks
Dawn

I can't help with the cheerio thing because inmy country they are a type of sausage, but someone else should be ableto answer :D.

A bit off topic I know, but I went back to look at the really old posts(like from 2004), funny to read all the things you longer members said!Mostly posts from MyBabyBunnies and Carolyn, got a few good giggles, Idid ;).

Oh, I forgot to contribute my veggie ideas!

My llot are eating in much the same way as yours, I want to feed a lotof grass and veg. I actually grow dandelions and I grow a big patch ofgrass till it's REALLY tall. They have grass morning and night as wellas a small amount of pellets each, some parsley, a teeny bit ofspinach, daisys, marigolds, a pinch of oats for fun, one teeny tinymouthful of carrot (litterally a rabbit mouthful), hay etc etc. We havethis type of weed that grows here that is like catnip for rabbits, it'scalled "puha" but I don't know if it grows anywhere else. They lovethat. Mine also eat apple tree leaves and knaw on the sticks.

Also a type of tree that is native to NZ I think, called a cabbage treethat grow long hard leaves (sort of like yucca leaves), once they falloff the tree and dry out in the sun they are good for the bunnies toshred. The don't eat them, just rip them apart.

okay, my buns veggie list:

apples, banana, mustard greens (i feed curly mustardgreens) bok choy, dandelion greens, parsley, sage,cilantro, basil, dill, kale, collard greens, pumpkin,carrot, cucumber, melon, oats, radish greens, strawberrys, grapes,pear, leaf lettuce, bell peppers,raspberry,pineapple,and last summer they eat got a bite of watermelon.

they also like apple, maple, and willow branches.

and are in love with marigold flowers

i bolded their favs. . .

i feed up to 2 cups a day of veggies, and they normally get 2 differentveggies per salad. . .depending on what is in the fridge. . .i eatrather healthy, so often times i buy veggies for them, based on what iwant to eat. . .

I can't find dandelion leafs anywhere. I did find the craisins in Alberson;s in the little boxes.

Tabitha loves romaine lettuce, carrots, fresh alfalfa sprouts, apples,she only likes the leafs of celery no the actual celery. Her favoriteveggie is broccoli. If she sees broccoli in myhand, she runs over and jumps at it. She makes funny noiseswhen she eats broccoli. I also give her raisins,strawberries, grapes rarely, oranges and endive.

Is pumpkin filling in the can ok for rabbits? It is supposeto be very high in fiber and sweet to the taste. I have knowvets to give it to animals that have swollowed foreignobjects. It is suppose to help them empty their blanderseasier. Seeing as rabbits need a high fiber diet, i thought maybepumpkin filling would be good for them. I was thinking ofmaking frozen pumpkin treat blocks in an ice tray.

If anyone knows please let me know.

Tabitha won't chew on wood. So can igive her orange tree branches to chew on. In Florida we havemostly Orange trees and Grapefruit trees growing in ouryards. Are either one ok for her to chew on?

Latest posts

Back