Veggies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was cooking Tarka Dahl for tea, and Blade hasjust gone mad over the coriander I was using - strange! It's so strongtasting I didn't think she'd eat it, but she kept scratching for more!Maybe I'll try her with other fresh herbs.

Lindsey

P.S. On a cute note, my wrigglies learned how to use the mini waterbottle today and they're all doing binkies around the cage and suckingthe hay in an attempt to eat! CUTE! :cool:

LindseyandKen wrote:
P.S. On a cute note, my wrigglies learned how to use themini water bottle today and they're all doing binkies around the cageand sucking the hay in an attempt to eat! CUTE! :cool:
Aww I love when they start to binky!!! I bet that was a sight!

Lanna

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
That site has '(!)' beside foods that only should be givensparingly, broccoli however does not have that beside it.
The site is listing the (!) for sparingly for toxicity, this list isn'tnoting foods for gas. It's fine to give them the foods, butit could cause gas, which can be a problem for some.

(!)=Use sparingly. High in either oxalates or goitrogens and maybe toxic in accumulated quantities over a period of time

Thanks for that but is what I feared - simply alist saying "yes" or "no" and giving not an incy bit of a reason oreven incling as to "why".

This is so typical of so many list regarding veggies that Ido not trust anyone of them. Perhaps a section on here would be good(chaired by dennis) LOL

Ta for the reply tho!

bob

Bobalop wrote:
I bet no-one can answer this....

Is parsnip safe for rabbits? If not, why?

Bob

Bob,

I will honestly say I dont know one way or the other. Do you know? If it's not safe...Why not?

Who is Dennis? Why would he be more qualified to tell us whats good for the bunnies or to make a safe list? Is he a vet?

Lanna

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Iwould trust HRS before the other site I Guess
That's what I was thinking. The HRS is probably more reliable than other sites.

Same here. I trust the list from the HRS and printed them all out. Next time i go grocery shoping I'm taking them with me. LOL

Lanna

lanna21974 wrote:
Same here. I trust the list from the HRS and printed themall out. Next time i go grocery shoping I'm taking them with me. LOL

Lanna
That's what I do LOL

Another tip -- I feed my rabbits a tiny piece oforange peel as a treat. Mabel doesn't like it, but Winston loves it!Both also love raisins. Both the orange peel and raisins are fedsparingly.

we do the same NightPoet! mr licks LOVEs orangepeel!! and raisins...and almost everything bad for himlol.. and apples, he will crawl upmy husband'schest and eat an apple while my husband is eating it he loves it somuch! and this is a pretty standoffish bun most of the time..but applesare the way to his heart!

i was only thinking of veggies earlier..but fruit, ohh they love it..grape halves (seedless of course!) dark cherry halves..(these however, look quite gory when they eat them lol..) wetried blueberries, and they liked them, but it made their poos quitesmelly :shock: mr licks will also eat the skin of a chineseapple pear, but not the fruit part.. mr licks loves bananas, but it'sanother one that princess just wont touch.. and lord forbid you have abite of something before you give it to her :p she IS aprincess you know.. must be unspoiled hehe..

Spiced, I love the avatar pic :)

I heard that buns love blackberries too, I haven't tried that or strawberries yet.

lanna21974 wrote:
Bobalop wrote:
I betno-one can answer this....

Is parsnip safe for rabbits? If not, why?

Bob
Bob,

I will honestly say I dont know one way or the other. Do you know? If it's not safe...Why not?

Who is Dennis? Why would he be more qualified to tell us whats good for the bunnies or to make a safe list? Is he a vet?

Lanna
Lanna - I don't know whether they are safe or not.I washoping that someone here could tell me. i have been giving them as anoccasional treat for years and was shocked to hear that they were"apparently" harmful. They have not harmed my current lot!. Dennis is amember of this list who is not entirely pro feeding veggies to rabbits.Obviously the humour was misplaced ;-) Many thanks to all for trying togive me an answer - I will just have to keep searching butnothing on the web has convinced me yet!
[/quote]

Sebastian'sfavorite is Kale. He also eats romaine, cilantro and parsley often.During the summer we grew carrot tops, and radish tops for him and gavehim dandelion greens. He hated bokchoy, doesn't eat apple, likesbanana, doesn't really like pineapple.....does best with baby carrotsrather than regular....however pathetic that is....:?....I recentlybought a bagged mix of baby green leaves that had a lot of the darkgreens like spinach, kale, etc. He ate that well and it was nicebecause it was already clean, ready and was a combination of things forhim.

Raspberry

My bunnies love carrot tops! In the summer theyget a lot of grass as is so I try to cut back on carrot greens, sowhat's left over after summer we dry in the sun and it's sort of likehay that way. They love it and get their carrot tops in the winter!

only mr licks will eat carrots here.. princess wont touch em!

and thank you Bo B :D your Bo looks so much like my princessi cant get over it lol :) just more 'boyish' if you can say that of abunny :)

Bobalop wrote:
Thanks for that but is what I feared - simply a list saying"yes" or "no" and giving not an incy bit of a reason or even incling asto "why".

This is so typical of so many list regarding veggies that Ido not trust anyone of them. Perhaps a section on here would be good(chaired by dennis) LOL

Ta for the reply tho!

bob
If it's the Dennis that I think you're talking about... he is banned from this site.

Ang

Latest posts

Back