Veggies & fruits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketsMommy2012

Reaction score
What veggies do you guys feed your bunny on a daily? I'm really bad at giving rocket veggies everyday. Mostly he eats hay and 1/3 cup of pellets once a day. He's healthy though. Just took him to the vet a couple weeks ago for a yearly checkup. He's maintaining his weight which is good and he's not overweight. Just wondering what other bunny owners feed their bunnies. :)

What veggies do you guys feed your bunny on a daily? I'm really bad at giving rocket veggies everyday. Mostly he eats hay and 1/3 cup of pellets once a day. He's healthy though. Just took him to the vet a couple weeks ago for a yearly checkup. He's maintaining his weight which is good and he's not overweight. Just wondering what other bunny owners feed their bunnies. :)

I feed mine romaine lettuce mostly, I haven't tried rockets yet with my Oscar but anything that looks tasty to him he will eat it. I feed him 3 tablespoons of pellets, I don't really like giving too much or too less so I try to keep it just right. I feed mine Harringtons pellets and he loves them but I am going to see if he likes PetsAtHome brand pellets, if not then I will put him back on Harringtons. I also feed him timothy hay with alfalfa in there. I tend not to give to much veggies as it can lead to gas. That's a basic summary of what I feed little Oscar everyday :)

I have 2 so I give 2 romaine lettuce leaves and red leaf then 2 tiny peices of tomato 2 carrot chips cut them into 3 and they make a lot :D and maybe 2 teeny tiny peices of mango also since I try and mix it up alittle I have introduced him to bokchoy, parsley,and cilantro all they live yeah a lot :p

I feed an assortment of herbs from the garden. Parsley, basil, coriander, marjoram, mint, sage, lemon balm, thyme, then also silverbeet, single lettuce leaf if I have some, and if I'm cooking with carrots that night he'll get a 1cm slice.

For most of the year, I have an active herb garden with basil, mint, and sometimes cilantro and romaine lettuce. During those times they get a big pile of basil with some added mint.

When the garden isn't growing, I buy romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce and green leaf lettuce, and sometimes cilantro and occasional parsley. They get a couple cups every evening.

100_8689 (2).jpg

My adult pair (8 lbs total) gets 4-6 cups of greens per day. I always include some type of lettuce (romaine, green leaf, red leave, endive, arugula, etc) as well as cilantro, as those are some of the only low-oxalates they will readily eat on a daily basis. I also give parsley, kale, spinach- they usually get one of those every other day. Since it's summertime, mine have been getting quite a bit of dandelion greens and plantain, as I can buy huge organic bunches from the farmers market for very cheap. I am a huge advocate of feeding plenty of variety. My rabbits always have access to at least two types of hay at a time. My pair receives 3/8 cup of pellets daily.

Latest posts

Back