update they are HERE babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tessie wrote:
Yesterday I went to check the babies and she clawed me a lot so I can't check them :(So how long untill she will let me?

She is a great mom she lays right in front of the nest box,and looks in a lotto see if they are ok.She loves for me toruband pet her. But STAY AWAY from her babies :D

I want them to be tame at a early age andbe use to people holding then.
Pull her out of the cage and let her hop around so that you can get into the cage and check the babies. At LEAST once a day. 2+ is better in my opinion.

My girl once was VERY protective of her nest so I caught her and Let her hop around the room, while I took out the babies and did pictures and checked on them.

Rattiemattiesrattery wrote:
Tessie wrote:
Yesterday I went to check the babies and she clawed me a lot so I can't check them :(So how long untill she will let me?

She is a great mom she lays right in front of the nest box,and looks in a lotto see if they are ok.She loves for me toruband pet her. But STAY AWAY from her babies :D

Pull her out of the cage and let her hop around so that you can get into the cage and check the babies. At LEAST once a day. 2+ is better in my opinion.

My girl once was VERY protective of her nest so I caught her and Let her hop around the room, while I took out the babies and did pictures and checked on them.
Ok are you sure she won't abandon them?

No she wont and she will probably appreciate the break from them. If you are super nervous about it you can rub her with both hands before you handle the baby or put a little dab of vanilla under her nose so she doesn't smell you on them. In the wild rabbits only go to their babies to feed them once or twice a day so no worries.

Tessie wrote:
Rattiemattiesrattery wrote:
Tessie wrote:

Ok are you sure she won't abandon them?
she won't :)

Wellwhat i did was cover the nest box enterance .I got a really good look picked up them up and put them on mybed took pictures.

To my surprise one is light Brown with Tan it is small , the black baby is a little bigger can I guess the little oneis a girl.i hope they both are girls :D

I do know how to sex rabbits but don't know how soon.Most baby bun's I've seen where 6-8 weeks old.Easy to sex them:)

Latest posts

Back