Update on Tinkerbell

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelscross

Reaction score
I just posted about the soft poopoo but I wanted to let everyone know how she was doing otherwise...I'm such a proud momma!

We went to the vet last week and he checked her out. He said she isvery healthy and was in fact a girl. We discussed spaying and he saidto wait until she was 6 mos. The price was reasonable but higher than Ihad been reading in the books. He said it was very important to do sobecause of the risk for uterine cancer in female rabbits.

This week we've been letting her out of her cage in the afternoon andevening. She loves it!! She doesn't poopie when it's just me, but whenthe girls are around she has a tendency to turd here and there. I thinkthey scare her sometimes. So when my girls are begging to have her outof the cage I tell them that they are on turd patrol.! Ha!. She playshide and seek and it is so funny.

I'm surprised about how smart she is. She knows one word commands andcomes to her name. She understands No and when I want to get her out ofsomewhere she doesn't need to be I just say out, out, out and she hopsout.

I read that you shouldn't pick them up and put them back in their cage,you should let them get in when they are ready, but if it were up toher she would never go back in!! When we leave or get ready to go tobed I have no choice to put her back in. She paws at the door of thecage to be let out and I hate to do it, but I can't let her run freelywhen we aren't there to supervise.

Well that's it for the update. I'm so glad I found this site. I neverrealized how enjoyable being a momma to a bunny would be so fun!

Glad to hear you are enjoyingTinkerbell. Rabbits really are wonderful creatures.I got my first one last September, second one in December and justrescued one Monday! I've got bunny fever! I justlove them all.

I just sawTink's picture. She is adorable!

Laura

Latest posts

Back