UpDate on rabbits down the rd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IluvBunniez

Reaction score
Hey everyone, rember the rabbits down the road from me?Well igot some good news about those little bunnys.I finally got intouch withthe kids dad Andy one of the owners of the 3 bunnies( who works alotand is never around) He said that i could go over there and play withall the rabbits when ever i wanted,bring them treats and everything.Heinformed me that the baby rabbits died but not becasue of theredad,Sorry i mis-understood guys.The bunnys that share a cage was bothFEMALE and the one by himself was infact the father.We dont know whythe babies died,but he took them all to the vet and the dad is HEALTHYand the other 2 have deformaty problems but are also healthy.I havegatherd alot of information from this fourm and went to check it outmyself.They all look good there ears dont smell there nails are longbut that can be fixed by trimming.There cages look good and one thing inoticed that dont seem right is that flies were in there cage.I heardsomewear to put Vanilla flavoring in there water to keep those naughtyflies away is that true? They also told me that i could Mate thumperwith there buck.But im still kinda iffy about that i mean he is theonly male rabbits around were i live to mate her with,but im still notsure im ready.

Ashley Thumper FayNay

Hi Ashley!!

Yes, I remember the thread about the bunnies.

Thank you for sticking with it to see if something could be done. Look at the progress you've made!!!!

Here's the info about the vanilla......

"-(From Buck Jones) I add approximately one teaspoon ofvanilla flavoring extract, real or artificial, to one gallon ofdrinking water in an effort to reduce fly strike and warbles byreducing the number of flies in and about our rabbits."

Flystrike is very dangerous for the bunnies. If the flies are reallynumerous you may want to use some flypaper or strips, too. Just makesure that it's where the buns can't reach it! ;)

And I think you're making a wise decision not to mate Thumper withtheir buck...... especially when you really don't know why the babiesdied.

~Jim

Ya, ihonestly think they died because there mom was Deformed. I really wantThumper to get a chance to me a mom other than to Fay becasue i thinkshe would be a great mother.I just need to find a good buck.Thank youabout the vinella ill go over there today or tommrow and add it to herewater. Thanks a bunch JimD

Man i love this fourm

Ashley ,,, Thumps....Faynay

Thanks JIMD ,you saved me from boring others with a newthread about the vanilla icouldnt remember the name of the treadand was frustrated trying to find it, flippin fly season is juststartinghere and i needto get a jump on it

Ashley , im glad your going towait before you breed to thatbuck hon find out if they werelitter mates all three of them, if they are chances ofcontinuing defornmatiies is very high, Maybe when you get alittle older or run acrossedthe right Buck it maybe then you can make a choice.

gypsy wrote:
Thanks JIMD , yousaved me from boring others with a new thread aboutthe vanilla i couldnt remember the nameof the tread and was frustrated tryingto find it , flippin fly seasonis just startinghere andi need to get a jumpon it

We had a bout with the flies this past December (The Adventures of"FlySlayer"). Looking back on it....it makes for a funny story. But atthe time we were terrified that the buns would get flystrike.

Flies in the middle of winter...Go Figure!!??!!??

If it weren't for Carolyn I might not have taken the flies to seriously.

Well I took some pics of 2 of the rabbits downthe road the other ones pics didnt turn out good so im going to have tore due them there both girls and the black and white one ispregnate this one is Mr.Trivles and its a mrs now

Latest posts

Back