Update On Daisy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopsofloverabbitry

Reaction score
So the next morning there was puss in her eye. The vet last night said if you see any puss take her to the vet. We took her to the vet 10 minutes away. She didn't move much on the way. We for her to the vet and he looked her over. He said if peaches would have bit any more on her eye lid, they would have done a $300 surgery. He said we could do the surgery now or give us antibiotic eye drops. We are gonna try the eye drop. Then this morning there was no puss and the swelling and redness has gone down. She is running around as we speak. We think she will make a good recovery.

~Breeding Quality Holland Lops Since 2012~

I'm glad the eye drops seem to be helping! How is she with taking them? I'm giving my guinea pig eardrops currently and he really dislikes them.

Pani: at first I thought she was gonna hate them. But it turns out she doesn't mind them. She is a really calm rabbit and sits still when we put them in :)

~Breeding Quality Holland Lops Since 2012~

I'm glad to hear she is doing better. I've noticed with my rabbits, with cuts and scrapes, they do seem to heal up really well, ... that is, as long as the infection is cleared up.

One of my rabbits bit the other rabbit through cage wire, and it was a horrible wound and she did have to have antibiotics. There was a chunk of skin missing. I expected it to leave a huge scar but now you can't tell she ever had a wound. So, hopefully yours will heal up really nicely too.

Latest posts

Back