Unusual chest x-ray - asymptomatic respiratory infection?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never been able to find any scientific support for allergens causing respiratory symptoms in rabbits. There are numerous pathogens that can cause respiratory congestion. Has your vet considered bordetella? I have a long list of pathogens I have to hunt up - I'll try to remember to post them later.

She said that we could attempt different oral antibiotics (didn't specify which ones), but that injectables weren't available at least at her clinic.

I could ask about oral zithromax I suppose...but I was going to give the Sulfa a good try before I move onto something else. But her eating patterns are so erratic as of late...

I just noticed a couple of clumps of cecotropes in her litter pan....rabbit diarrhea or loose stool looks different than the stinky, moist cluster poops right? I've never seen bunny diarrhea before and want to make sure she just left some extra cecals and isn't having loose stool issues.

Bunny diarrhea is either mushy round fecals, watery, cow-pie-looking, or long mushy tube looking. It can often be stinky but it won't be well-formed little balls in a cluster shape like cecals.

Oops that's embarrassing. I guess you can tell I'm not a microbiologist! :baghead

Ula went to the vet today for a follow-up. Her vitals are excellent and she's gained a bit of weight! The vet said her abdomen felt healthy and she noted (again) that her molars are sharp and suggested that this is the most likely cause of her erratic eating patterns.

We gave her a shot of pain medicine to see if that helps her eat a bit better, and we're going to try to wait it out until Monday to repeat the x-rays and do the teeth trimming. Again, no visible signs of respiratory infection so hopefully whatever was going on in her lungs is better when we do the repeats and we can trim her teeth asap.

Latest posts

Back