Two New Bunnes are Here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zouave

Reaction score
You will recall the long health thread I started in Infirmary late in March continuing through early April when Poppy had the operation.

You may also recall the Rainbow Bridge announcement early in May. It was all depressing and frustrating.

I mentioned then I would get new bunnies, and they, and a rabbit condo, arrived yesterday!

They are two friendly bonded sisters, a little timid in the new environment. Extremely soft back fur.

Next for me is working on more homemade rabbit toys. I will search the forum and elsewhere, and all ideas are welcome.

They have no names yet, and I am not sure how I will tell them apart!

2401449870102813037S425x425Q85.jpg

2512776890102813037S425x425Q85.jpg

2027090720102813037S425x425Q85.jpg

2353506010102813037S425x425Q85.jpg

I am sure their personalities will shine through and you'll be able to tell them apart. I'm so glad you've welcomed them into your home!!! Congratulations on being a bunnydad again! The ladies are beautiful!

pocketsizedrhino wrote:
Beautiful ladies! :)

I had two identical mice and I quickly learned their antics and personalities! I'm sure it will be easier to do with bunnies.

I once taught in JHS and had two identical twin girls. Within one month or less they were obviously very different just from their mannerisms and demeanor - one was good; one was evil.

No, that's a joke. They were both great, but quite different. But I hate going along time without proper names assigned.

AWW!! They look like my beautiful Maisie! I looked at the picture and said, "Aww!! He got a coupla Mimi's!!!" (Her nickname.)

They're beautiful, and if they're anything like my girl, they do indeed have really soft fur. I love petting Maisie...she's so soft!

Welcome home, sweeties! I can't wait to see what their personalities are like and what they show you their preferences in things are (because, let's face it, they're girls...they'll have preferences, lol!). :D

Wonderful news! :)

I thought of a chinchilla when I petted them. They are as soft on the back as was the late Poppy's BELLY fur!

Found out this from the people I got them from. . . one of whom has her departed pet bunnies' images tattooed to her leg. Really. I saw them.

>>
Their names were Asia and Becca when they were at ACC. They were found in a box near the Bronx River Pkway with 3 of their sisters. We think they were 3-4 months at the time. That was in Jan. Yes, both have been spayed. They were adopted out through the Center for Avian and Exotic medicine then returned two month later. Too much trouble!!!! <<

People can be such jerks.

I am assigning them a birthday of the Autumnal Equinox! As good a guess as any. So they are a little under nine months old.

Here's a picture of my Maisie girl, for comparison.

000_0289.jpg

I've never felt a chinchilla before, but that is the technical name for Maisie's color. Your girls look the same, except for the brownish fur behind the ears. Maybe they're a mix between agouti and chinchilla?

They're so beautiful! I'm so glad you brought them home. Shame on those folks for thinking they were too much trouble! :grumpy:

They are so sweet! I'm glad you got more rabbits, and I hope these two girlies have a wonderful time with you! I'm sure something will point you to their names. I can't tell you what their breed is, but I bet a breeder could, since they may seem like brown chinchillas. And wow that is a nice condo!

Off the top of my head, cheap rabbit toys include toilet paper rolls stuffed with hay, phone books (as you can see Maisie has destroyed), and pinecones (you have to bake them for a little bit to sterilize them).

tonyshuman wrote:
phone books (as you can see Maisie has destroyed)
Ain't that the truth!! She LOVES digging in her phone books!! :D She even uses the shreddies she makes from them to make a little den underneath that first upper floor. It's so cute!! :D

Phone books I surely will try. The others I knew of.

I can ask about the breed, and color.

As for the person who returned them, at least the girls were not abandoned as the first time (described above).

Maisie overall looks very slightly lighter in color, and slightly more brown - but quite close. >> Maybe they're a mix between agouti and chinchilla? <<
Could be.

BSAR wrote:
Congrats! And such a nice cage!
Amanda
I could actually add another level; theoretically, two or more! But that might get unstable

Funny now is that my cats love sleeping up there. :)

Latest posts

Back