Traveling with the bunnies?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love.the.bunnies

Reaction score
Okay so we have to move soon and the buns cage's don't fit in the car.. So we plan on getting 2 carriers. 1 for Mom and daughter.(Daughter is still small) And one for the male. Any advice on precautions and such. And any pictures of your buns in their carriers would be helpful so I can get a good Idea on size and set up. Thanks!!

Depends alot on the size of the rabbit as well, but I used a cat carrier(easily found at walmart) for a Holland lop buck that was just under 4 pounds. He traveled that when I moved 16 hours from Upstate NY to central KY. I set him up in the truck the night before my move with water bottle and food-water bottle was taken down while we were moving and at our stops gave him his water bottle again. He was quite content until I got him to our new place and got the cages out of the truck the following morning. It was going on 35 hours from the time I put him in the crate to the time I took him out. He was still comfortable and he was 5 years old when I moved(unfixed breeding and show buck). My others were either in their cages or in a show carrier for the move(under the cap of the truck away from all rain). All of them did perfectly fine. gave them loads of hay- the ones in the back had water bottles up even while we were moving(though it was drained out from motion).
THe one buck in the cat carrier was the only one I kept up front as he was my baby and he was also my oldest rabbit by far.

You should get one that is big enough for the rabbit to sit up and turn around. You don't want it too big though. In the event of an accident a smaller carrier limits the amount of space the rabbit is going to bounce around in.

I think i'll get a cat carrier for my dwarf. And a bigger one for Mom and the little one. And I think I should put a towel on the bottom for comfort and to soak up any pee and such.

Latest posts

Back