training my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issi

Reaction score
im new at this whole rabbit thing and muybunny(pippin is his name) peed on my coach yeaterday, he naver didthis. he has peed on the floor and poops too but then in his cage hepees and poops in a coner , when i let him free i leave the cage openon the floor so he can go in and do his thing , but instead he does iton my floor.i yelp at him but i doesnt seem to go anywhere, any adiviseplease, the whole pee on my coach was the last straw

My Flemish had this fetish with my couch andwould pee on it every chance he got! So this is what we did....we stuckHUGE laundry baskets on the couch so he couldn’t get up. Then we stucka litter box in every corner of the room, then when he would go thebathroom on the floor or something we would scoop his poop and him upand put them in the litter box. He finally got the hang of it; you haveto be really patient with your bunny though. It also helps if they areolder, around 6 months; it is usually hard for a younger bunny tofigure it out. If you have any more litter box questions feel free toPM me or post here.

~Amy+Nimue+Babies~

Neutering him when he is old enough may help with peeing around, he may be marking his territory.

so is it better to neuter him? i told this to my vet and he said it makes no difference. is this true?

No that is NOT true. Neutering them can cut downon sent marking (Chin rubbing and Peeing), territorial problems, andmany other things. I strongly suggest getting him neutered, and makesure that you vet is rabbit savvy, meaning that he deals with rabbitsALL THE TIME.

I have a litterbox question.

I have tried putting a litterbox out when the "kids" are out runningaround the apartment, but they still insist on pooping under the bedand couch. (Only the little one pees outside her cage anymore).

I was thinking they do this because it's dark and private, so I thoughtI'd get one of those cat boxes with a domed cover. When I looked atthem at Petco last night, they all seem to have quite a big step up toget in them - definitely too high for Skittles and possibly for theother two. Are there litter boxes with domed covers that have a loweropening? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

Latest posts

Back