Trails End Family 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailsend

Reaction score
I thought maybe it was time for a new blog for 2009! I know I haven't been around much lately, but I'm working on that. Our old blog is here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=32348&forum_id=6

Hope that link works.

I live in Ontario Canada, out in the woods with my partner and our very large animal family. Wehave a large herd of formerly homeless or unwanted rabbits... we try to give them a safe loving place to live out their lives. We also have sheep, goats, horses, a Llama, chickens, turkeys (all are pets), 2 Prairie dogs, three dogs, a Chihuahua with an enlarged heart, a Great Pyrenees, and a senior beagle/spaniel mix... Four Kakarikis birds... And one resident trouble making cat.

We live close to nature and consider all the animals here part of our family. We live on 700 acres of bush and share it with lots of critters, deer (we know almost all the deer here and have indentified them) turkeys, wolves, coyotes, bears, fishers, foxes, etc. There are not many humans around here - just critters.

Here is a picture I took today out on our pond

022.jpg

It was 30 F outside today so Nibs, Noel, Norman and I enjoyed the sunshine for a bit!

Miss Noel

085.jpg

Noel looking out towards the pond

080.jpg

Nibs & Norman

073.jpg

The four of us

060-1.jpg

Nibs was ticked off the grass wasn't green!

069.jpg

I love this picture of Noel, she was running to me :)

072.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures and I promise to share more! I always have lots. Now that I know how to use photobucket it's so easy :) I hipe the pictures don't post to big. Yell at me if they do.

Since it's Valentine's Day we are having vegetable pot pie from scratch for dinner, so back to cooking!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

It is nice to see a pic of you and now i have a face to put with the name!!!! WOW 700 Acres!!!!!!

Do your bunnies just follow you in and out? Have they ever tried to run off on you

Thanks Fran! I love your signature by the way.

Nibs and Noel never try to run off, ever. They are the only two I trust! But I only let them out with me to explore when my full attention is on them - if I'm gardening or something, they are either in a pen, or on leads, they don't mind their halters at all. None of our other guys go loose unless they are in a fenced area or on a lead... unless they are seniors - we have a couple ten and twelve year olds that don't go anywhere, they usually just nibble on grass and stay in one spot only. But out here I have to watch them like a hawk FROM hawks! We can't let our Chihuahua out of our site either - but our Great Pyrenees is a guard and does great keeping the hawks and other predators away. :)

I heard that about the Pyrenees. THat is great that you can do that. I am jealous, i am ttoooo paranoid to take my guys out on the grass even in a pen,lol

LOL - you'll have to get a guard or put a roof on their playpen. If you are sitting in the playpen with them they should pretty safe!! :)

Thanks Wabbitdad! It is nice when everything is green and the fall is a great time too. I can't wait! Here are a few more pictures.

This is Knik, one of our Kakarikis birds

027-1.jpg

Nibs and Papaya

009-1.jpg

My favorite picture of all time. Kiwi hurt his foot and it's bandaged (he had to have surgery) and Nibs not only kissed him, he shared his papaya with him. Nibs gets along with every animal here, and has always been the loving grandpa to everyone.

014.jpg

Wild turkeys in the front yard

011.jpg

Max last week on his Birthday - he turned one year old

055.jpg

What a beautiful place to live! and you are so pretty!
Now, don't the bunnies try to take off when you're out there? I would be worried sick!
Noel wants to live in Indiana :)

Thanks Wabbitdad for the B-day wishes to Max! Now he's just a giant puppy!

Thanks Bo!! lol nope Nibs & Noel don't go anywhere - the others would I'm sure so they don't go out in non fenced areas or off lead. They don't go very far from me at all, I could grab them at any time. They are either really smart, or really nervous - either way it works! I know you love the Mini Rex! :)

Hi Montana!! Thanks! I hope you and your critters are well!

Yayyyy! Some of my fave. forum animals!! So glad to see them back!

Noel and Nibs are looking great! And such a sweet fellow of Nibs to share with Kiwi. How nice of him. Norman is just so adorable! :)

Emily

Thanks Emily :)I have to go visit your blog :)

Here are a few pictures of Hope from tonight:

This one looks like Norman is sticking his tounge out at her!

022-1.jpg

What?

029.jpg

on daddys chair

036.jpg

andI posted a video of her on youtube being silly:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSFHMgWll3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSFHMgWll3g[/ame]

Vegetable pot pie from scratch? Is this a Valentine's Day regular? Can you possibly share the recipe?

The first photo of Nibs on the brown grass (under the "four of us") made me do a double take.
He looked like a prairie dog twin!
Noel is breathtakingly beautiful in the running to greet you photo...

Thanks Becca! :)

and Elfmommy! :)

Treasured Friend: here is the link to the pot pie recipe. It's delicious. I did not use all the butter she calls for and I added a bunch of Thyme, about 2 tablespoons, it really needs the Thyme, it's so delicious. But you can add less if you don't like it as much as we do! It's a new tradition :) I cut hearts into the pastry. We don't do big presents, I cook a special dinner for Kevin, and he usually gets me pajamas if anything because I love PJs! :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/vegetable-pot-pie-recipe/index.html

I should have some new pictures shortly!

Back