Too old to spay/neuter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rabbit is a Lop x Lion head He is two years old. he is no pedigree or even show worthy. But I love him and he loves me and greets me each day with binkies and nuzzles.

that is THE best way to select a rabbit or any pet. Lineage means nothing unless your going to breed or show it. Pick one you LOVE AND ADORE.

Lineage can matter if there health problems in the line ... Thats the only reason I am looking at show line buns, They have known lineages if they are from a good breeder.

and I always pick based on who is the best fit, but usually within certain criteria. For example ... A great dane can be wonderful, love your family and be a great overall fit, but that doesn't matter if your apartment has a weight limit of 15 lbs.

I should say ... I don't even advocate for pure bred dogs, I will choose a mutt every time. Lineage only matters to me in this case due to the known problems in the breeds I am looking at.

And even with lineage there is no guarantee but its less likely at least.

No it really doesn't matter....
And no it doesn't guarantee you anything!
If does are bred at around 6 months of age... you could be on the 4th or 5th generation of rabbit and still not know if the line your rabbit is from is prone to developing renal issues at an early age because their great grand parents are only 2 or 3....

Rabbit breeders don't tend to do all the testing that dog or cat breeders do. Rabbit breeders tend to sell on a first come first serve bases with a "The rabbit is healthy to the best of my knowledge" clause in their sale's policy.

well .. IF I get a second rabbit I will figure it out then. At least I did find out what I needed to.

Latest posts

Back