Toilet Paper Tubes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trina

Reaction score
For a little toy to let Emmy play with, I waswondering if it was safe for her to chew toilet paper rolls - and is okif she swallows it? Do you get what I mean? :D

Sorry for the questions - I'm not sure if Katy or I should give it toher as a toy, I dont want anything bad to happen to her. Thanks for thehelp you guys! :)

sureis ok and they love em!! we save up the rolls from tp andpapertowels for all the buns. they toss em around , roll emon the floor and chew on em. most rolls are made out ofrecycled paper same as some of the liters that weuse so save em up and let the buns atem!!

yepjust keep a close eye! our buns all chew em toshreds especially cadbury he is a paper freakLOL he actually ate last years tax forms last weekeekkk!! so we just have to keep paper away from himbut he has at least 5 rolls on the floor to shred!!! sillybunnies

And don't freak out if she eats a littlepaper. It's not going to hurt her. But large quantitiescould cause blockages, so it is important to keep an eye onher.

I stuff the rolls with hay. Don't beconcerned about the rabbit eating the paper -- the cellulose is easilybroken down and digested, just as the cellulose in pellets, hay,grasses, etc. is.

Pam

Pam, mine love the hay stuffed tubes too.

I didn't know that paper broke down like that. I haven't givenApollo any paper in 2 weeks because he ate a huge section of the sheetof newspaper I gave him. I've been watching him like crazy since.

Tina

my two have eaten paper and bits of cardboardlike crazy for as long as we've had them.. not huge amounts mind you,but it's never hurt them..

We give ours papertowel tubes all the time. Theychew them and most gets eaten. They'd probably kick my butt if I tookaway their cardboard...lol

Paper tubes? Did someone say paper tubes? :D

IMGA0403.jpg

IMGA0420.jpg

Rainbows! :D

Most of the paper towel rolls, tp rolls, etc.are made of recycled 100% natural tree fiber. Be aware thatthere are some "paper" are actuallymade of synthetic fibers.

Pam

:D

The big tube is actually a shipping tube. Pebblesuses it to dig, scratch, chew and tunnelthrough. It use to be 12 feet long, but Pebbleshaschewed it down to 11 feet long now.

The smaller tubes are from work. They were used for the plastic shrink wrap film.

Rainbows! :)

I would LOVE some of those mega tubes... ceptfor the fact Anubis would prolly shimmy inside one and get stuck... HeLOVES his Chube... but his favorite resting postion is IN it.

Kittens-05.jpg

Kittens-06.jpg

Visit your local carpet store. They usually haveempty carpet rolls laying around that you can pick up for free. You cancut them with a saw to make them fit your rabbits cage.

We're going to get some of those big shippingtubes for our rabbits. I was going to do it before someone wrecked mycar for me.....plan on getting some next week when we get our new carthough. :)

Latest posts

Back