Today is the day.. anybody wanna join in?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
ATorres61472 wedding is a little over 3 months away. I am the Maid of Honor..married to the hot photog..heh.

Anyway.. before *the incident* I was tanning and working out. As of late, my depression over losing Jarred has made me do nothing but wanna sleep and cry, and not eat,which is not healthy.

So as of this morning, I am up bright and early.. housecleaning, then doing my mile walk, pumping some iron, tanning and eating right..

If you have ever watched Extreme Makeover, you know 6 weeks with proper nutrition and working out can seriously sculpt your body.

I was wondering if anybody else wanted to join me.. we could do an online support of sorts right here..

It's easier to lose weight if you've got a support system...

My makeover will be 80% complete by Audrey's wedding date.. I wanna be done by the time the fair rolls in in mid Oct.

I think the biggest thing for me, that I am most excited about, is my Da Vinci Porcelin Veneers. We were gonna go another route.. but it wasn't really feasible.. so I couldn't an apointment till mid August to get them.. apparently they are that popular!

I don't have bad teefs..they just arn't perfect like my husbands.. his are so perfect they look fake almost.. all perfectly shaped and sized...he makes me ill..

So, back on the subject.. anybody else here up to lend support to each other?

YES! Apparently I work best with a deadline/goal. I was doing so well this winter when my goal was to look good for my late March/early April trip to Florida. Since vacation I haven't done a thing and I've already gained back 5 lbs!

Starting today I will dig out my food log journal and start. Monday morning is a great time to start that (and since I've only had oatmeal today, it looks pretty good). And I will walk at lunch time, no excuses.

you got me too!

i just happen to be at my current peak weight, and it kills me!

i would really like to lose 40 pouds by fall, even though that is pushing it a little.

this is just what i needed, since i have been fighting with my depression, i spend all day in bed online, or reading. it is past time i get up and get moving!

You can count my in also. I want to look great for my sister's wedding coming up at the beginning of August. (Never know who I might meet!!!) I was panning on joining Curves this week. My sister said that they have some sort of new entryprogram that lasts for a month for thirty dollars. This is my last ditch effort to get my butt moving. I did the exercise videos and with great results about two years ago (I actually had abs going on and had my belly button pierced -- can't even show it off because I went back up in weightdue to home-life stress and worries)

I keep telling myself that I need to make that time happen if I want to feel good with general health and energy level. I know it feels good to exercise, at least when it is over, but I seem to find other things to do...:?

Letus know what the game plan is...

myheart

I'm in! I used to be SO skinny and in shape - then I turned 40 :(, lol.. Would love to drop 25 lbs and get my sculpted look back (my BF would be SO happy too).

Great idea!

I'll play. I really don't need to lose much weight - maybe 5 pounds, but I need to up the exercise. I'm a size 4, but too soft - need more muscle. I have always worked out regularly with a Bowflex, but got out of the habit when I was spending so much time on Zootoo.

I'm in. I started the biggest loser at work two weeks ago and I've already lost 5lbs. I alternate Turbo Jam and Zumba and I run two miles a day. I feel great! I used to hate running and now I can't wait till I can get on the treadmill. My goal is to run a 5K on the beach this coming October. I've already lost 2 in. off my waist and 2 off my thighs. For me it's not so much the weight as the dress size but I can stand to lose about 40 more pounds. I was at my peak weight before I started exercising. You couldn't have guessed by looking at me butI was at 175 lbs and 5'2". That's way over my ideal weight. I'm at 167lbs now and I'm back to size 10. I'm aiming for a size 5. I was never nor will I ever be a size 0, but I'm happy with my body when its a 5. :biggrin2:

Soooo anyway, I'm in.

t.

This is such a great idea - I wish everyone the best of luck and stamina and all that good stuff.

I'd take part - but honestly - right now I'm just too depressed and out of it physically. I did lose 4 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks....so maybe I will join y'all later on as I want to lose 60 pounds by Oct. of 2009 for our vow renewal ceremony...

And I'm dying to hear more about Audrey's wedding plans on her wedding thread...I'll try to bump it later today.

I'm in I need some motivation to get moving we bought a bowflex a few monthes go but I need to get off my butt and use it :) I'd like to lose about 50 lbs and finally getmy stomach and butt backhaving 3 kids wrecked my abs .

Fallon

Yes, I'm in. I think I totally need something like this to help me get off my butt. I don't know if it's depression or what, but I have no interest in anything like my health or keeping the house clean. I'm also the heaviest I've ever been and I hate it! And I have two weddings this summer and fall I need to fit into nice clothes for.

~Diana

We need to hammer out details..

But this is also gonna go on an honor system, asI am about to sweeten the pot.

I am thinking we don't have to say our actual weight, but perhaps we should all list our goal that we wanna lose.. and then report in every Friday what we've lost.

How about we have a halfway mark of July 15th for our first goal, and then our final tally Sept 4th.

As ya'll know, I spend alot of money at Starbucks.. since it's off limits now... and this is where the honor system kicks in... the BIGGEST LOSER July 15th gets a $25 donation made to RO in their name, AND a $25 Wal-Mart gift card, which will be the money I WOULD have spent at Starbucks.. thereby taking the temptation off me to go there.

Same goes for the Sept 4th deadline.

We can start up a winter/holiday one come Oct.

This can also be a place we can trade recipes, exercise routines, and even lend support if we fall off the wagon, AND the forum benefits as well.

There is to be NO chiding.. this is all for SUPPORT..

Feel free to chime in with any ideas you may have..

Just my opinion - but I think it would be great if we could have "before" and "after" pictures...

And I suspect I'm gonna be in this anyway - I really need the encouragement and I was gonna be using sparkpeople anyway (http://www.sparkpeople.com) to keep track of my weight and food and stuff....so why not join this...

I guess that means I'm in...

Edited to add: Um....I wasn't trying to say folks should use sparkpeople instead of this - just that since I am already setting up goals in that....I might as well use them for both things....if that makes sense.

i love this!

i have tons of healthy recipes, i would be more then willing to share!

i am about to go out and have my"last meal" before starting. . . decided to go with take out (my last french fries. . . i will miss you).

my plan is to go low carb, low fat, high fiber. eat as many fruits and veggies i can handle and include lean protien (which is easy for me as i love seafood, chicken, and beans)

my july goal is to be down 20 pounds

my sept. goal is another 20 to 30 pounds for a total of 40 to 50 pounds down!

i am also tonight going thru the pantry, i am going to take out all the bad for you foods, and donate them to the local food pantry. .. i figure if they aren't there to tempt me, i won't break down and eat them!

Everyone could ante up $5 to "join" and we could use that to "payout"; someone could hold the $$; hate one person to have to put out the "winning pot"..

I'm in for before and after photos as well.. I like the updating on Friday too.

Great idea too - just what I've needed;

Naw- the way I see it, this is doing me a favor.. I won't be tempted to go to Starbucks.

It's something I wanna do.. it benefits me.. it benefits the forum..and who couldn't use a $25 gift card for Wal-Mart gas..or rabbit treats..lol

It's my personal incentive program for me..

Would it help if we said a word or two about why some of usstopped our exercise programs? I mean, if we express what happened in the past (such as loss of significant other, job, pet, ect) maybe that could help us lend a hand to each to get over those hurdles for this "time around." Nothing too in depth because we don't want to pry into other's business, but many of us seem depressed or sad about recent events. Will this help to "move on" to some degree as well as enhance support?

myheart

Latest posts

Back