Tiny babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, they look really awkward. Maybe bad breeding? They also look underweight by how their fur sticks out at the hip bones. When my bun was sick and underweight, his fur did the same thing- just stuck out in all the wrong places.

That white rabbit looked sick.

the white one looks extremely ill. look at how lethargic and unresponsive she is. her eyes are half closed, she just lays in whatever position she is placed in; just falls over in the woman's hand. and the way she's sucking in her sides. with rats, that's a sign of serious pain. she reminds me very much of a young rat i lost to pneumonia. poor baby. the brown one looks scrawny to me, but is much more active and alert.

It's been a very long time since I had baby rabbits, but I'd guess these guys look around 3 weeks or so. I didn't have the audio on for the video so don't know if anything was said, but there wasn't any info typed below the vid. Could be possible the owner was raising rabbits and just had them away from their mom to film these two(?). Definitely too young to be weaned yet. Wanted to add that I agree, they don't appear to be healthy.

I almost wanted to comment on the video and ask how they were doing now because I swear the little white one looked as tho it would have been doing well to have made it through the night! No matter how she picked it up or laid it down it just stayed.....the little brown one was more active but it seems ataxic or wobblyish. Poor little things.

Also, in the video description it says "My new pets" so I'd assume that they are newly obtained and not of her own breeding so that they are likely away from mom. They remind me of the 3 week old "Feeder" rabbits the local petstore keeps....also sad.

I see GolfDiva where you posted on her channel...her response is that they are both dead....we kinda figured it anway, but so sad. I was hoping not.

Very sad...they reminded me a lot of a baby we had in the clinic where I work once....it was bones and skin and very lifeless...turns out they had been feeding it lettuce and water for a week!

That was hard to watch. I wasn't surprised to read in the comments that the white one had died. What really irritates me is that after these two died she went and got a third one, andit died too. :X

Sadly, these are the same young bunnies they sell in tiny cages with paper towel lining the bottom and a piece of iceberg lettuce....at the fashion district in LA. I had heard about it and seen the news coverage before, but couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it in person. It was really upsetting.

Some people see an itty bitty bunny and think it is just the cutest thing - and either being too dumb to know they are too tiny to be away from their mom, not educated, or they don't care.

It's silly how some people think I guess....poor little babies. The petstore here get's in a dozen a week of 3 week old baby mutt rabbits from this big smelly man who has no clue. I asked him once what breeds they were and he said "They're rabbits! They don't have a breed"....anyway they are sold as pets for $40...or as snakefood for $5. TONS of people come in and on impulse buy these little babies, it would be intersting to know how many actually survive.

I wouldn't call her heartless. At least she seems interested in learning about them now. I agree it's wrong to buy impulsively without learning about them first, but I think the true crime lies with the breeders and petshops who breed and sell irresponsibly.

Lots of people erroneously think if they go to a breeder, or petshop, everything is fine, and are suprised to find out the info they were given was wrong.
I'm going to presume that she meant well, since she seems keen to learn. Golfdiva, are you going to point her to this site? Hopefully she'll go to a rescue now, and learn the true joys of healthy bunnys!

Latest posts

Back