"THUMPING LOLA"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annkierst1

Reaction score
HELLO ALL

HERE LATELY, WE HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO "MATE" LOLAWITH A BUNNY OF HER KIND. I SAID NO. OF COURSE WEWOULD NOT KEEP THE BUNNIES, BUT I JUST WAS NOT SURE. 1 OF MYQUESTIONS IS DOES BUNNIES HAVE TO DO THE "THING". I MEAN DOTHEY GET CRANKY WHEN THEY NEED TO MATE? WHEN WE SAVED LOLASHE HAD NOT BEEN IN THE COMPANY OF OTHER RABBITS, AND WE DO NOTASSOCIATE WITH OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE A BUNNY OR BUNNIES. MY2ND QUESTION IS: WHY DOES LOLA MAKE A "THUMPING NOISE" WHEN WE LET HEROUT. SHE TAKES A STRONG LEAP THEN "FLIPS UP IN THE AIR" ITLOOKS LIKE SHE'S FLIPPING OVER THEN WHEN SHE COMES DOWN, SHE "THUMPSHER HIND LEG" (THE RIGHT ONE ONLY). SHE RUNS AROUND LIKE SHEHAS COMPLETELY LOST IT. WE LET HER OUT BEFORE SCHOOL AND WORKAND THEN WHEN WE COME HOME, SO SHE HAS A LOT OF EXPOSURE TO OURAPARTMENT, BUT IT BOGGLES MY MIND AS TO WHY SHE DOES THAT. IKNOW SHE IS HAPPY TO BE OUT OF HER CAGE, BUT SHE DOES ITEVERYTIME. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG?

ANYONE WHO CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS, KIERSTEN AND I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT

THANKS

ANNKIERST

Well, the leap in the air and acting like she'scrazy (running full speed, the bunny 500) are all happythings! The leap is a binky! She's thrilled to be out andplaying! She might shake her ears a bit also.

Hi

Thank you so very much. I thought Lola was loosing whatlittle mind she has. Wasn't sure about the "thump"though? I thought maybe her leg was hurting, but the way sheruns around, I guess not!

Thanks Again

Annette, Kiersten and "Leaping Lola"

annkierst1 wrote:
1 OF MY QUESTIONS IS DOES BUNNIES HAVETO DO THE "THING". I MEAN DO THEY GET CRANKY WHEN THEY NEEDTO MATE? WHEN WE SAVED LOLA SHE HAD NOT BEEN IN THE COMPANYOF OTHER RABBITS, AND WE DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE ABUNNY OR BUNNIES.

It all depends on the rabbit. I have some gals who get agressive whenthey want bred. The gals go through 'mood swings' more then the gents.:) Just like being compared to humans LOL!

~*~Amanda~*~

My bunny Shadow does the exact samething with the thump and I have connected this with excitement andhappiness. Also he thumps when I stop patting him, so for Shadow itbecomes a attention thing as well. I guess its when you stop seeing thethump is to question if there is a problem. Sounds like you have ahappy bunny:D

The strangest thing happened this today. I wentto greet all my bunnies this morning as I usually do. Almost everymorning they are still relaxing and lounging about. This morning all ofthem were acting like little maniacs. You wouldn't belive the racketthey were making when I was headed down the stairs. I literaly ran intothe bunnie room. They all stopped, sitting tall, biiiiiig eyed,breathing hard, and all ears straight up. Then Moo Shu thumped 4-5times really fast and started running around her cage like crazy and inan out of her bunnie hut. It would have been funny if it hadn't scaredme so. Within seconds all of the buns were doing the same thing. Ittook me 10-15 minutes to get them calm at least to the point where theywere standing still. Then I discovered the big problem...

A house fly. A stupid little house fly. Moo Shu was terrified.

And it certainly didn't help with me dashing around trying to destroythe nasty little bugger (the fly...not the bun). Then the dog startedto help me chase the fly and the buns started up again. 20 minuteslater the fly is dead and everyone else was exhuasted. Oats and rasinsfor da buns. Biscuts for da doggy. And a BIG cup of coffee for me.

What a morning :shock:

Jim...(the fly slayer)

LOL that is a great story. Rabbits aresuch great pets arent they? They all have so muchpersonality.

I have a doe right now that's been bred twice andhasnt conceived. Boy is she grouchy. she wasnt like this prior tomaturing so I'm assuming that's the problem. I've bred heragain...hopefully she'll conceive and that'll calm her down.

Lanna

Latest posts

Back