Thrianta

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollidy

Reaction score
I went to a local rabbit show today and got to see all sorts of rabbits. I had no idea some got so big!

I saw a particular breed that caught my eye. It was a thrianta, and I really wanted to take one of those home. Does anyone know more about that breed? I love the foxy red color. All I was able to find online is that they are medium sized. Would they make a good house rabbit?

They sure are beautiful..<3

[suB]Quote: Wikipedia: The Thrianta is a beautiful orange breed of rabbit. It originated in the Netherlands and was produced by Mr Andrea. Thrianta rabbits are sometimes cross bred with the Sachsengold (which was developed in Germany by a breeder called Mr Bennack). The Sachsengold was very similar to the Thrianta, but the colour is not nearly as intense, have a longer body type, and snipper heads. This cross breeding was intended to deepen the Sachsengold's colour. The Sachsengold was mistakenly thought to be renamed the Thrianta in 1979 how ever this is untrue. One of the first importers to the USA of these rabbits was Judith Oldenburg, of Iowa. She selected some of the finest stock that could be had at the time, which contained no Sachsengold blood. Almost all of the best stock in America can be traced back to her imported rabbits. They have beautiful fur and are very friendly and curious. An ideal pet for responsible children. Great show rabbits![/suB]

[suB]I don't have any personal experience with them, but I've seen pictures of them. It says above they are very friendly and curious, but someone who actually has experience would be of better help to you. ;)[/suB]

you took the words right out of my mouth okiron, LOL!

i'd PM butterfinger, e-mail if possible, i don't think she'd been on very much lately, so you'd probably get a hold of her faster that way!
http://www.atrba.net
try Thrianta Rabbit Breeders Association.

hope you find all the info you need!

Anna

Latest posts

Back