This is what I will need...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weetwoo_89

Reaction score
So I was looking and Ihaven't found a list that outlines the things that you should havebefore you buy a bunny. I am going to be using this list to keep trackof things I need to buy before I can look for a bunny. Other people canuse it or just name some things if you think I have forgotten them(which happens often). Depending on where you are keeping yourrabbit(s), your list might be different. But keeping a thread on itwill help me stay on task with it. Here goes:

What I want before the Bunny
-Three packages of NIC panels(Which according to my calculations, will build a 3 panel tall x 3panel wide x 2 panel deep. That will use two packs. The third is forbuilding a pen that connects to the cage plus a few exta)
-One rather large piece of vinylflooring (to cover the levels of the cage and the floor of the pen.Will have to cut it to size)
-A pet carrier big enough to comfortly fit my bunny in it (it will be a small breed)
-Food crocks, too heavy for the bunny to turn over. (If not a bowl/crock then a metal 'J' feeder)
-Water bottles (I want to have two but one would suffice for the beginning)
-At least a few cardboard boxes
-Some kind of tunnel (pipe, cardbaord tubes, etc)
- Some dowl rods (for supporting the shelves in the cage)
-Litter box

What I need when the bunny arrives
-Pellets
-Veggies/Fruits (depending on what the bunnies exact age and up-bringing are)
- Chewing toys ( not necisarily bought, but to have some ready)
- Hay
-Litter

What I can be buy/make at a later date
-Leash and Harness ( once I know the breed size)
- Obviously more treats and food and litter, changing what the rabbit doesn't like.

I will be adding to my list as I think of more things. Feel free to advise me. ^.^ RaE

P.S. I will be adding a first aid kit list when I do some looking into what bunnies need.

What kind of surface is your cage going to besitting on? To use the vinyl floor properly it'll need to siton a hard surface other wise it will stretch and deform, possiblyripping it, if it's on carpet.

You can use some pegboard or plywood to glue the vinyl to.

Other than that, looks good to me!

--Dawn

We just got our Daphne a couple of weeks ago,and although we already ahd alot of "stuff" form the other bunns hereis what we laid in!:)

• Loads of toys! :D (Chewing tossing rolling!)
  • Alfalfa pellets
  • Alfalfa Hay
  • blankies
  • A stuffie friend so she isn't alone
  • small cage (we started her off in a small cage because she coudstick her head through the NIC openings and we didn't want her to getit stuck!)(It is easier to littertrain if they are confined to asmaller space at first!)
  • food dishes (one for pellets, one for veggies)
  • water dishes (one inside, one outside the cage)
  • waterbottle
  • first aid kit (we already had one on hand for our rabbits)
  • smaller, sharper nail clippers
  • grooming accessories (slicker brush, zoom groom, soft brush for baby fur, baby wipes)
  • a wellness check up with the vet asap (sometimes it is free for the first check up)
For a complete list of our First Aid stuff check out thispost!http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=21087&forum_id=1:D

This is a list of things that I have bought for my buns since I adopted them in late Janruary....
Yes, it's a HUGE list, but I have needed and used EVERY thing on thislist. Be aware that I have purchased things like the food, veggies,litter, toys, treats, ect muliple times and they they are just not a"one-time buy". :)

- ordered Oxbow pellets offline (www.oxbowhay.com).

- bought lots of fresh veggies and fruits that they had already been fed to by their foster mom (grocery store).

- a package of craisins (walmart).

- 3 bottles of sugar-free papaya tablets for treats (hi-health store).

- 3 boxes of NIC panels (target).

- zip-ties for putting together the panels (walmart or target).

- toys (various places...walmart, dollar store, target, petsmart, ebay).

- 4 litter boxes (walmart).

- 4 canvas netting sheets for the litter box to keep bunny off of the dirty litter (walmart).

- wood stove pellets for litter (outside garden section at walmart).

- a huge area rug to protect the floor underneat the bun's NIC pen play area ($20 at walmart...it's HUGE too).

- a runner rug for their "bedroom" (target).

- fabric placemats to keep under their food and water dishes (walmart or target).

- a carrier for the vet (cat section at walmart).

- a cute salad plate (walmart).

- locking crocks are great (ferret section at Petsmart).

- heavy crocks for drinking water (walmart).

- a storage tote for keeping hay in (walmart).

- kwick-stop powder if you will be cutting the bun's nails and accidentally cut the kwick (cat section at petsmart).

- nail clippers (cat section at walmart).

- a bunny brush (walmart).

- two harness and leash sets (walmart).

- little bin to put new toys in to sit on the shelf and wait while the current toys are finished being destroyed (walmart.)

- a large air-tight food storage container for pellets (walmart).

- a medium air-tight food storage container for oats (walmart).

- a small air-tight food storage container for craisins (walmart).

Ah, phew. That is a list. Keep in mind there have been other thingsthat I have bought an decided it wasn't good enough, things thebunniest have destroyed and I have had to replace, ect.

WOW.....I wonder how much money I have spent on bunny things since Janruary?!:shock:

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Hehe. The start up is pretty expensive and I am ALWAYS finding out things that I need for the bunnies and having to buy it.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Latest posts

Back