The Tobester

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen you around much lately just wanted to drop in and see how you and toby are doing:)

Hi everyone! Toby and I are both doing great. I am currently in the middle of midterms, and last weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving, so I've been really busy! Thanks for the reminder to come back, Lisa :p

For a couple long story shorts, my 23rd birthday was last month. My ex boyfriend decided to crash the party, called my best friend very rude names, which made her boyfriend punch him like 4 times in the face. My roommate Scott (an O-Lineman for a football team out here, so not a small dude) but my ex in a headlock while my boyfriend (D-Lineman for the same team) pulled my friend's boyfriend off him. Scott almost killed the guy... he had the ex in a chokehold and his arms started going limp. Anyways, it was pretty ridiculous. Do boys ever grow up?

It's coming up on two months with this boyfriend and I'm actually falling pretty hard. It's terrifying really. He's a great guy with a great family and awesome priorities. Plus side, hilarious and a knock-out to boot :p

Also decided to quit smoking. I've only been a smoker for about 2-3 years so it's not awful, but the first stretch is pretty rough regardless. My roommate and I are both quitting together, since we usually enable the other whenever one tries to quit and the other doesn't. He still has chewing tobacco though, while I have nothing. :( Hrmpf.

Had another first (well second, but first on camera) with Toby. Any of you that have been reading about Toby through the year and a half that I've had him will know that he and I have a pretty special bond, and he's a very affectionate bunny. That being said, he never lies down on my bed. The most he ever does is lies down on top of me while I'm petting him, which you've all seen a billion pictures of.

This time, he lied down at the foot of my bed. Not a huge thing, but still having firsts of some kind with him is a big deal to me. Anywho no more talking, pictures!

2012-10-10030506.jpg

Initial laydown.

2012-10-10031256.jpg

Close to a full stretch!

2012-09-28012745.jpg

Being adorable.

2012-09-08144741.jpg

Nomming :p And don't worry, I cut his talons the day after this picture.

2012-08-26014516.jpg

I honestly don't even know how he got in there... I heard a noise and looked over and there he was. He gets in the WEIRDEST places.

2012-07-25215945.jpg

Weird places like my nightstand drawer.

2012-08-22133824.jpg

Watchu lookin' at?

2012-08-08122404.jpg

One up, one down.

2012-08-08121935.jpg

He looks huge here... I swear he's not that big. He's still a solid 3.8lbs!

I found this girl at a pet store here. I fell in love with her, she was so sweet. No, I didn't bring her home :(
2012-06-14140245-1.jpg

Her bottom was caked with cecotropes, so I cleaned her off as best I could while I was snuggling her. Poor girl had shavings stuck in her fur all over too.

Good for you for quitting smoking. I had my 10 year anniversary of no smoking in feb 2012. I quit feb 2nd 2002. I remember how hard it was but I barely even think about it now and I'm sure glad I quit years ago.

Toby is cute as ever and that lil girl from the pet store is adorable!! Is she a fuzzy Lop?

And......are you contemplating a friend for Toby?

WAY overdue for an update once again. Sigh. At least when I do it, I do it big... right?

I'm up to 4 weeks without smoking - I haven't really had that much of a problem with it. The worst cravings come when I'm drinking of course :p

School is fine; it's a lot better now that there is an end in sight. I'll be finishing my last classes this time 2013! One of my group projects was selected for a student research showcase, which is pretty neat. It was an international marketing plan to expand into Brazil. I also did an ethics project on mining on the moon... Yes it's a real thing, and not just science fiction. It will likely be happening within our lifetime and will supply us with a new clean power source.

I think the bun from the store was a fuzzy lop. They had her listed as a holland lop, but we all know how pet stores are. I would love to get a friend for Toby, but I'm scared that he would stop loving me as much. I also just can't afford another rabbit right now both financially and spatially. I might think about it more seriously once I'm done school next December.

Some of you may have already seen, but I went to a banquet with my boyfriend a couple weekends ago. We've actually been dating almost four months now, and (sadly) that's almost a record for me! It was a blast, and we got to get all dressed up. Here's a couple pictures from that night.
404990_174847465988325_2125943402_n-1.jpg

20121117_150656-1.jpg

A friend of mine recently got two puppies. The one on the left is named Winston (frenchton), and the one on the right is named Tallua (shih tzu).
20121109_2107221.jpg

Here's Winston giving me kisses :p
20121109_2041221.jpg

Now, on to Toby pictures which I know is what you all come here for :p I once again got a new phone (this time brand new) and it takes fantastic pictures. I got a Samsung Galaxy S3. This is my favourite picture out of the bunch.
20121111_233817_HDR1-1.jpg

My snuggle monster
20121120_0159291.jpg

Giving me kisses
20121120_0319351.jpg

Tissue paper hat
20121128_2328461.jpg

20121128_2331532.jpg

Paw-crossin' periscopin'
20121128_2332231.jpg

20121128_2339011.jpg

Too cute :)
20121128_2340211.jpg

Itchy ears, poor guy.
20121128_2350201.jpg

Flanel pyjama snuggling!
PicsArt_13539130953381.jpg

Old man grouchy bun face
PicsArt_13539759689321.jpg

Another of my favourite pictures. Ear twiddling :)
PicsArt_13524810476731.jpg

Haha, thanks guys! holtzchick, I think he KNOWS how cute he is, so he works it extra hard for extra treats.

Not sure who is familiar with the website Reddit, but I submitted Toby to their `cute` section and he`s done REALLY well! Fair warning, Reddit is not appropriate for all users. It has some very very very bad stuff. But the `aww` section is safe! Toby is up to about 1090 `upvotes`.

http://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/13zfmh/my_rabbit_thought_i_had_a_treat_in_my_hand_i_didnt/

I noticed you said that Toby is a "mutt"...um Toby is a holland lop and since you did not know that all this time we will only pay $6.50 U.S in shipping cost. Which should still buy you four new mooses and a hockey stick or two.

I told you I gave him his map and sent him on his way. He should be there next week sometime or something, I don`t know.

He`s a smart guy, he`ll be juuuuust fine.

Pretty huge personal update, although probably not the best one.

I told my boyfriend tonight that I'm in love with him. I have honestly never felt this way before, and am so overwhelmed with the emotion I feel for him that I'm tearing up about him as we speak.

Unfortunately, when I told him that I love him he kissed me and said that "he cares about me a lot too, and he's never felt about any girl like he has with me".

I got really stupidly emotional after telling him and started crying and he apologized for not saying the right thing. I feel incredibly stupid for making him feel bad and for getting so emotional (I honestly couldn't even help it). I also feel really stupid for thinking that he felt the same way.

I don't know if I just said it too soon or that he'll never feel the same way. I've never taken such an emotional leap before and I'm terrified.

All of my close girl friends have boyfriends or husbands, and the male was always the one to say I love you first. Basically, I'm terrified that I've ruined things between us, or that he'll never feel the same way... I'm just so scared.

Toby's doing great though!

MarisaAndToby wrote:
Pretty huge personal update, although probably not the best one.

I told my boyfriend tonight that I'm in love with him. I have honestly never felt this way before, and am so overwhelmed with the emotion I feel for him that I'm tearing up about him as we speak.

Unfortunately, when I told him that I love him he kissed me and said that "he cares about me a lot too, and he's never felt about any girl like he has with me".

I got really stupidly emotional after telling him and started crying and he apologized for not saying the right thing. I feel incredibly stupid for making him feel bad and for getting so emotional (I honestly couldn't even help it). I also feel really stupid for thinking that he felt the same way.

I don't know if I just said it too soon or that he'll never feel the same way. I've never taken such an emotional leap before and I'm terrified.

All of my close girl friends have boyfriends or husbands, and the male was always the one to say I love you first. Basically, I'm terrified that I've ruined things between us, or that he'll never feel the same way... I'm just so scared.

Toby's doing great though!

Awh I don't necessarily think that he has to say I love you first. I have only followed that about 50% and it worked for me. The best thing now is just don't smother him with it all the time and when he is ready he can say I love you back. Everyone opens up differently to certain things.

That's good that Toby's doing great but we want pictures :p

That's it. I'm bunny napping Toby. He is seriously. too. cute!!

Congrats on the still not smoking. That is great!!

Don't feel bad about the I love you thing. You said what you meant. If your boyfriend loves you too you saying it first will not change things.

I think you need to enter Toby in a World's Cutest Bun contest somewhere. He would TOTALLY win!

And I said I love you first to my boyfriend, who is now my husband of 5 years. So don't worry. If it's meant to be, it will! :)

Don't worry Marisa. Men are just naturally bad in emotional situations. I was the first to say I love you to Jason a few months after we started going out. I wanted it to be perfect and I played our favorite music and lite candles and made a big fuss over him....He responded with "I am 99.9 percent sure that I love you to"...I was P*SSED!
Couple weeks later he officially said it. Over the phone!!! That is just the way men roll...

Hey everyone,

I find I'm too busy to update on here anymore. I may post the odd picture now and then, but generally speaking I just post to facebook and to reddit's rabbits subreddit.

If any of you are interested in keeping in touch with me, send me a PM and I'll give you some contact info (facebook or email or whatever).

Here's some pictures of my boy as a (mostly) parting gift.
VR4FnrK.jpg

o727Fgk.jpg

hP1VCk9.jpg

rcBn6bZ.jpg

3DpQB.jpg

-Marisa

Back