The Time Has Come!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellaBunnies

Reaction score
At last!! I'm attempting to bond my three this weekend!:bunnieskiss

I'm both excited and nervous.
eek.gif
w00t.gif

I have got all of next week off work, so hopefully plenty of time to keep an eye on them! Im going to start the bond in a dog crate.
smile.gif

I might be back tearing my hair out over the weekend - thick welding gloves and a water bottle spray at the ready
laugh.gif

I will get some pictures for this thread along the way too.

Any advice and crossed fingers for me are most welcome!
crazy.gif

Good luck. I love watching bonded bunnies. They're so sweet the way they interact.

Good luck. I've been bonding a pair for 4 months now so I truly respect anyone going for a trio or more.

Good luck!

I have a bonded trio. It was very rewarding for me and I've seen wonderful improvements in all three involved. The process can definitely be challenging though. :)

I fed them first thing then started bonding around 9am. The boys went in. Seth kept making himself big and jumping at Charlie then they had small scuffles. Each time I stopped them with a towel as water spray was having no effect.
They then lay in furthest corners away from each other so I put Bella in. Then all hell broke loose! They were all mega scrapping. Bella didn't start any fights but gave as good as she got! I took Bella out and put her in a cat basket to go back a step...

After checking them all over the boys were lying at opposite sides again.

I left them settle for around an hour until they stopped lunging at each other (they were stretching out and putting noses on each other)

I then added Bella again - she's a star - so laid back and letting them sniff her then she cuddled up with Seth. Charlie had been trying to mount them both and nipping at them - I just push him away before a scuffle starts.

Charlie keeps rubbing his chin on the bars etc, Seth keeps thumping his feet too, is this normal?

Here they are stretching out a few minutes ago

Last edited:
Chin rubbing on the bars is completely normal as it's simply scent marking. The thumping I should think is normal too, it's just a bunny that's a bit unhappy about his current environment. You are very brave bonding three at once :)

Chin rubbing on the bars is completely normal as it's simply scent marking. The thumping I should think is normal too, it's just a bunny that's a bit unhappy about his current environment. You are very brave bonding three at once :)

Thanks :) They were fairly peaceful overnight (apart from Seth keeping me awake thumping his feet now and again
redface.gif
)

Today has mixed vibes.
001_unsure.gif
The boys are grooming each other and cuddling up one minute, the next, if one of them moves suddenly and it starts them off having a scuffle.

I hoovered in the room they are in earlier, they all cuddled up together in the corner (same sort of effect as a car ride perhaps?).

Is there anything I could do at this point? or is it just a watch and wait game? :rabbithop

Are they staying in that cage the whole time? They might just be too close together. Could you let them into a room or laundry room or bathroom? Something thats not too big, but bigger than the cage? I think bunnies do better when they more room, they can focus on other things rather than just the rabbit thats right next to them. Ya know?!
I think that would help some.

Latest posts

Back