the story of Dustin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i took these pics a couple days ago when i was still feeding him.

feeding time with the wet-nurse
005.JPG

i said feeding time, not nap time, lol
006.JPG

such a good wet-nurse. oh, and who likes my PJ's? lol
007.JPG

took this pic today. despite how bad it looks. this is is a good thing. also this was before i cleaned it. it has dried out and is scabbing up.
011.JPG

also i took this pic today for everyone to get an idea of how much smaller he is then what he should be. this is him compared to one of his siblings.

013.JPG

oh! and get this! i weighed him yesterday and he was 2.5oz and today, he is 3.10oz! :woohoo

YAY! He is growing fast! Yes, that wound looks better. I had a chicken who got a ton of skin ripped off once from a raccoon and the wound looked like that when it was healing.

Cute lil Dustin. I'm so glad it didn't get infected.

eyes opened today and i can tell that he has gained more weight. i will weigh him again today :happyrabbit:

Glad to hear he's doing well, and looking forward to getting a picture update. :) Do you think you'll be sending him off to a good home, or keeping him around?

i wish i had the room to keep him. but i just don't have the cage space. maybe i can keep him/her and another kit of the opposite sex and keep them together (fixed) and use them for therapy rabbits.

for people, i go to a disabled camp every year and they asked me to bring some rabbits this year :)

Tina? That way you're still keeping the end of DusTIN... :p

A similar thing happened to me only it was more like a scratch, not as deep. I made the mistake of putting betadine on it and literally saw the betadine eat the exposed flesh and the wound got bigger. (no longer using betadine at all for anything) I'm glad you have had better luck with the hydrogen peroxide, still think to be on the safe side it would be best to dilute it— but looks like it has worked really well for you. I was able to get butterfly stitches to stick to the rabbit, to hold the wound closed, by using special adhesive that people use to adhere colostomy bags to their skin.

here are the names i like the most so far.

Valerie - healthy,strong

Talia - Blooming (i like this one the most)

Tandy - strong

Latest posts

Back