The Duchess Of UP Diaries, Luna edition.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She does look so much happier!! :D It's amazing to see and it's clear that she knows she's in a good home because she's adjusting to you and letting you pet her and taking treats etc!! :) It's so fantastic to read about her improvement.

Also, I love yours kitties!

Ah the photos are lovely. I just love that face, she reminds me of my Snowy, she has that little mouth that sometimes looks a bit grumpy but the same cutie face. She does look so much better and more alert and she is definitely beginning to trust you if she´s letting you touch her. Mine love cardboard and I´ve never had problems with them ingesting it yet. It keeps them occupied for ages but they do love apple twigs if I can get hold of them. I am so glad she is settling in so well, it´s amazing what a safe environment can do for a neglected bunny.

So it seems we have a naughty little Luna Bean on our hands. I might have to change her name to Senorita Destructor. She is a hard core digger and chewer. Before I can set up her area, I need to get flooring to cover the rug. I have cardboard and foam squares down now but guess who likes to chew on them? Currently she is only allowed out with supervision but she eventually will be allowed free range in this area. So I was thinking of covering the carpet with linoleum. Good idea? Anyone have any other suggestions?

She just did her first binky. It was the cutest thing!!!!! I guess being naughty makes her happy. Lol. I was away this weekend, I had my brother look after her. Everything went well. When I came home and walked into my room, she came right up to the front of her cage and stood up and was sniffing the air. I opened her door and sat down and she hopped right up to me and started to sniff my leg. :)

1391986041568.jpg

1391986059528.jpg

Cool! I'm glad to see that she had totally warmed up to you! It sounds like things are really progressing! That is fantastic..

Now she is starting to be a normal house bunny! Maybe she was just bored because you weren't there, did you ever think about that? With all the digging? You can do lino or put down cardboard in the meantime.

Vanessa

Well, luna is in her new and final house. I got everyones housing situated last night. Now all I need to do is get paid on Friday, buy the flooring to cover the carpet, and set up the xpen. Then she will be all set to go. That area where her cage is will be hers to roam around in as she pleases. I need to get some toys for her and something to use as a house. Can anyone recommend a website? All of the houses in petsmart are too small for her.

1392147316704.jpg

1392147331665.jpg

1392147357376.jpg

If you are using an xpen, I highly recommend you go to someplace like Lowe's or other place where they have flooring & ask for their remnant section. They have big rolls/bolts of linoleum/carpet whatever flooring & they always cut it & have leftover remnants that are not big enough to do a room or whatever so they sell those remnants for a few dollars. I paid $25 for a large remnant that fits perfectly under our xpen, no edges exposed for bunny nibbling! lol Cheaper than coroplast or any other flooring material I could find to use under my girls' xpen!

Thanks Tauntz, I think that is exactly what I am going to do. I was hoping the cardboard would be good but she is a terrible chewer and digger. Silly wabbit.

Hope it works well for you, too! The idea actually came from a post I read here at RO just before I was going past a Lowe's & decided to stop in. Checked it out & found the perfect faux wood linoleum flooring remnant! Almost matches my floor! My bunny girls like to chew too but so far they are keeping their chewing to their cardboard boxes & other "toys" & not the linoleum!

Today I had a snow day so I spent the day with Luna. We had a great time, she destroyed a ton of cardboard and did crazy binkies. It warmed my heart to watch her running and jumping like that. I also snuck in quite a few pats. She has decided to use the pink basket as a litter pan, which made me so happy. It was originally supposed to be her bed, but I am thrilled she decided to stop peeing all over her cage and use that. Aaah the simple things that make me happy. Lol

1392352774204.jpg

1392352794182.jpg

1392352808314.jpg

1392352834792.jpg

1392352850125.jpg

You know it looks like Luna is about the same size as Brooke. How much does she weigh? Before I posted about Brooke and her stuffed animals and her treating them like her little bunnies.. maybe Luna will do that, but try out some cute cheap stuffed animal toys from petco /petsmart or the dollar store. See what she likes. I've got cat toys for her and she likes them alot. I've also got the baby links and teething toys that rattle and make noise and she picks those up and plays with them like crazy. I would start cheap first. See what her taste are like. Lady beats the heck out of her toys, but Brooke protects them.

About her pen, what you could do that I've done with Brooke, you can attach an Xpen to the dog crate. That way she can still feel like her 'home' is there but still has the room to roam. Brooke likes the dark and hiding. I don't know if Luna does but I've got one end of her Xpen covered with blankets so she can hide and she loves it. I also bought her a 'dog house' from Walgreens that they had on sale but it was for any small animal and she does in there with her 'baby' stuffed animal and will hide. Her Xpen area is starting to look like some Moroccan tent! I should send you a picture. But she loves that end that is dark so she can hide and chill and lay around. If you keep her first home attached she will still have that comfort level of what she knows still there with the Xpen attached for her to run around. I put a large outdoor carpet under Brookes and at the end where she has her dark hiding places put some plush throw carpets I got at the thrift store because she is on the porch and it gets cold out there and especially with all the snow we have been getting.. So that way she can arrange them the way she wants and she normally does!

Either way I love the way you have your crews cages arranged and can't wait to see the final outcome with Luna!

It really looks like she is starting to come out of her shell with you and you've got her acting like a normal bun bun!

She's shredding things, playing, and exploring! Just think after a year!!!!

Hopefully you've got her something nice for valentines day! :) he he he

Vanessa

Last edited:
I forgot to mention. I LOVE this picture of Luna. What a great photo. This is a 'Who me?" type shot of her...
Or what are you doing taking my picture AGAIN!

Love it! She is warming up big time!

Vanessa

Luna.jpg

Lol, that is exactly what I thought when I took that picture. The poor girl is not a fan of the camera. She always looks at it suspiciously. That is why most of my pictures of her are farther away. I dont want to freak her out.

Today was her first Valentine's Day. she loved her toy carrot , and her green Tunnel. She actually used the tunnel, I was very surprised. Of course she had to make sure that she could not eat it. Lol, she tries to eat everything. Next on her gift list is an old phone book. I cannot wait to see her tear into that.

Lovelops, she weighs 7.5lbs. She is much bigger than Stache was, he wasnt even 6lbs. I have an xpen that I plan on attaching to her cage, I just want to work on her cage aggression a bit. We have come far, but we still have a little work to do.

I should have named her Diva, she has quite the 'tude. She thrives on trashing her house as much as possible. Lol. She sits and stares at me while I clean it too. Imbrium, I totally understand what you mean about silent communication now...I can see the wheels turning in her head. I use the cage door to section off her play area while I clean her house, I hate putting her in a carrier. Well first she figured out how to move the door to get out...that was binky inducing. Then, after I put her back and made it so she couldn't open the door, she figured out how to wiggle UNDER it. That was double binky inducing. I give up.

1392444571205.jpg

1392444599016.jpg

1392444617523.jpg

Today she has spent most of the day out in her pen. I have been in and out of my room to check on her and she is doing good! I can step in and out of her pen and she doesn't grunt or charge. I do have to get some linoleum to put doen on the floor before she can have unrestricted access, she has chewed/dug massive amounts of the cardboard I have down now. Also, I need to get a table to put my male guinea pigs on, instead of the dog crate they are currently on. I feel that will give her some more room to hop around. You can see her area in the picture.

She got a treat today, her first taste of banana. She wasnt so sure at first...the first collage of pictures was her initial reaction.

1. Curiosity..hmm what is it?
2. Seriously? You expext me to eat it?!
3. I dont think so!
4. This is what I think of your offering!

She went and destroyed some more cardboard for a few mins, then the second collage happened....

1. Whew, I am tired. You know, that stuff doesn't look too bad.
2. Maybe I will check it out one more time.....
3. OMG...delish!

1392489111452.jpg

1392489129571.jpg

1392489145390.jpg

Missed a few days and it looks as if I missed loads lol. She is really coming out of her shell and making her home her own. I love that green tunnel, mine have onr similar and love it. Love her Dewlap and she takes a great pic. Mine were't keen on banana the first time but go mad for it now. She is looking at you when she's eating it as,though it's,«what you looking at, you never seen a girl eating her nana» I am so glad you found each.other, looks,like a perfect match.to me :)

Haha, she's too funny :D Looks like she is really starting to be herself and she's lovely. It's amazing what a bit of love can do :)

Today Luna put her paws on my leg and sniffed my face. It was brief, and she only did it once, but that was enough for me. :) Then I diseased her royal highness. I realized that she was ripping apart part of the foam mat that is under the cardboard in her fav. dig spot, so I moved a tote to block the area from her. Boy did she get mad with a capital M. She sat next to it and grunted and thumped at me for a good 5 mins. All I could do is shake my head. Then I sealed my fate by cleaning her cage. How bad am I? Lol.

1392603171890.jpg

1392603186666.jpg

1392603204542.jpg

1392603218792.jpg

I tell you some of them do not like us moving their stuff or stop them doing what is their right to do lol. Love the bunny butt in the paper bag haha, that's telling you. Went to turn my lamp on this evening, not working, went to get a new bulb, still not working, moved the portable aircon unit out of the way to get to the cable...only half the cable :confused: how the heck did they get behind there and which one of you was it :mad: Luna has that look on her face, I'd watch out :eek:

Latest posts

Back