the cat and rabbit dilema

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbersmom

Reaction score
my b/f has a cat that he will not take propercare of. he allows the cat to wander the streets for hours. the cat hasnot had any shots and he is a year old now. what illnesses could myb/f's cat transfer to my rabbit if any?

Possibly rabies, depending on where you live. I'm not sure of any other diseases that are transmittable to rabbits :?

But, the cat can still infect other cats. You really need toencourage your boyfriend to take his cat in for his shots and acheckup. Has he been neutered? If not, there are also STD's, on top ofcreating litters of kittens when there is already a pet overpopulationcrisis.

If he doesn't do it,do it for him, and see that he pays youback. Honestly if I were you, I would tell him that Iam notable to be with a person who does not care for their animals :( Plainand simple.

thanks for the reply. the cat is not neutered. itold him today that he either take proper care of his cat or get rid ofhim.i don't believe that a person should have an animal if they don'twant to take care of it properly

Latest posts

Back