the babies again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234bunnies777

Reaction score
So the babies have grown to another stage of their life(18 days)and I now have some more questions.

So first the mom is not grooming the babies and they have pee stains all over them and I was wondering if i can wash them and if I can how should I go about washing them.

Second the bunnies are nibbling/ bitting how do I know if they are nibbling or biting and when do I draw the line and tell them no if they are biting

I have been keeping them away from the grass should I be doing that or is it ok if they have a little nibble.

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks so much:biggrin:

1234bunnies777 wrote:
So the babies have grown to another stage of their life(18 days)and I now have some more questions.

So first the mom is not grooming the babies and they have pee stains all over them and I was wondering if i can wash them and if I can how should I go about washing them. At most I'd use unscented baby wipes.

Second the bunnies are nibbling/ biting how do I know if they are nibbling or biting and when do I draw the line and tell them no if they are biting Who or what are they nibbling/biting?

I have been keeping them away from the grass should I be doing that or is it ok if they have a little nibble. I don't know for sure, but they probably should have only mother's milk.

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks so much:biggrin:

This is what my teacher did with her bunny's babies: She let the mom feed them and didn't give them anything extra at all. At about 3 weeks they will begin hopping out of the nest box and trying Mom's food. Its ok for them to do this. In a way, they kind of begin weaning themselves. Sorry I could only answer one question.

I probably wouldn't put them out in grass. At that age, they're just now coming out of the nest box on their own.

At 18 days old, what could they be biting? Each other?

Because of our wacky weather in PA, I wouldn't even use baby wipes on them. Unless they're inside, then you could try that. Just make sure you don't get them very wet...even baby wipes can leave the baby pretty wet.

Latest posts

Back