Thanks for the warm welcome, and here's my bunny story...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmberN2Buns wrote:
Thank you all for yourfriendygreetings! Finally I have found a rabbit forum withsome activity. Yes, it has been 3 years since I lost my first2 bunnies, and it doesn't seem that long ago.

My name is Amber, and My Fiance's name is Nick. We startedout with a pit-bull/sharpei/??? puppy 2 years ago. Her nameis Little Lady (After her mother, Lady)

[align=center]
lillady.jpg
[/align]
Last November, Nick's mom found a rabbit in her yard, and amazingly, itwas SO TAME that it let her catch it. She called us up andoffered him to us. I was not expecting to want him, justbecause it was so hard to lose my rabbits before and, to tell you thetruth, I didn't think there was a chance that any other bunny could beas wonderful as Benny and Thumper.

Well it was definately love at first sight. I was soimpressed by how well he tolerates being handled. And he wasreally affectionate. So we took him home that night.

Nick wanted to call him Stew. (This was before he knewrabbits) I said no way, but we did decide to name himKibbles, as a compromise, I guess. We almost called him nuts,because he has an underdeveloped testicle - For a long time we thoughtit was just one. heh heh...

[align=center]
kibbles.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]So this was the new love of my life. (second to Nick ofcourse :D) We went to the pet store to get all the necessities, but wecouldn't afford a cage at the time. So we put kibbles in thebathtub. He seemed pretty comfortable in there, with a towelspread out so he didn't slip. It was nice because it ensuredthat I didn't ever neglect to visit him, even on my busiest ofdays.[/align]

[align=left]One day he discovered he could jump out of the bathtub. So we allowed him the entire bathroom. Hehadhis food and water and box in the tub, but he would hangout on the mat all day. We just kept the lid down and thedoor closed, with a "bun on the run" sign. Our friends thinkwe are strange or something.[/align]

[align=left]I moved him to our bedroom for a while, but it was a bittoo much space for him to have if we wanted him to keep his littertraining. (He is not neutered yet) But it was fun for awhile. We had a couch right next to our bed and Kibbles wouldjump on to the arm, and then do a bounce bounce plop move across bothof our heads and down to the floor on the other side. EverySingle Night. Drove us nuts. Back in the bathroomhe went...[/align]

[align=left]I began to notice that he was not seeming toohappy. One day I was out and about with my sister, and westopped in at the pet store. OMG there was the cutest littlebunny in with the guinea pigs. He is a Netherland Dwarf, Ibelieve. I picked him up and he was pretty calm about beinghandled also. I just didn't want to leave. I didn'tthink Nick would go for another rabbit, but I asked them to hold himanyways. We went home, and I told him that Kibbles was sadand I could make him better for $30... He was surprisinglyunopposed to the idea. I think by now he had been bitten bythe bunny charm... We went down right then and picked himup.[/align]

[align=center]
theodore.jpg
theodore1.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]We decided to call him Theodore, because he looks like alittle chipmunk. We introduced Kibbles and Theodore, and itdidn't take 10 seconds for Kibbles to figure out what to do...:shock: So I was a little disappointed, though not surprised,that it was going to be a while before they can become friends.[/align]

[align=left]Kibbles was just in love with Theodore. We putTheodore in the tub, and put wire across the top with a door in themiddle. Then we put a shelf on each end of the bathtub. Kibbles would sit up there and watch Theodore all day.(I had to give him a stuffed animal so he wasn't too frustrated...)[/align]

[align=center]
kibblestheodore.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]Kibbles was a whole new bunny. He was friendlyand social again! He started approaching people andsoliciting attention when the went in the bathroom by pawing up theirleg. I thought this was just great![/align]

[align=left]Well a couple of weeks later, Kibbles startedspraying. I have never seen a rabbit do so much! Iwas able to tolerate it for quite a bit. I would just cleanup every single day. Well, we went out of town for 3 nightslast weekend and my sister was checking up on them each day.Apparently, while we were gone, Kibbles had made the most grandmasterpiece of them all in our bathroom. (I didn't know wehad such an acrobat) And it seems that Theodore was justabout fed up with all this. We came back to 2 grumpy bunnies,one with a big bite in his nose.[/align]

[align=left]They say that Netherland Dwarf Males can have temperproblems. They are obviously right. Kibblesprobably put his nose down for a nuzzle and gave Theodore a chance toexpress his displeasure. I took him to the vet today and hisnose should be fine, but I don't think it will completely come backtogether the way it was. Needless to say, Kibbles is in apretty bad mood now. I was worried that he would stop eatingbecause he kept bumping his nose on his pellets, but to my relief he iseating his pellets. He just started cleaning his face againyesterday. We moved him back into our room for now, and hehas an appointment with a pair of scissors next thursday.[/align]

[align=left]So that's the story (most of it) of AmberN2Buns.It is nice to meet all of you. Finally I have a place where Ican blog about my rabbits and there will be someone interested enoughto read it. I will post more pictures if you guyslike. I have a ton. Not just of my bunnieseither. I have an addiction to bunny pictures and I save mostof the ones I see on the internet. (That's where I found myavatar) They are just the most amazingly cute intriguing and beautifulanimals I have ever known.[/align]

[align=left]What can I say? I am one of you guys... :D[/align]
Hi!

I welcome you to this forum.your pictures are adorable.I have aNetherland Dwarf,that is a male.He's a sweetie,his name is Pepper andhe is a year old.I hape pictures of him.It ishttp://webpages.charter.net/jbh1997/PepperApril2004

http://webpages.charter.net/jbh1997/pepperlazyonbed

http://webpages.charter.net/jbh1997/pepperlaying

Pepper is an adorable bunny. I especially like thepicture of Pepper in the litter box. I feel like I couldalmost reach into my monitor and pet him... :D

awwwwwwww amber your bunnys and puppy are socuuuuuuuuuuuute! i love dogs....have a puppy myself....and smallanimals. ive had everything from fish to hamsters to guinea pigs tobirds to rats to a bunny and i love 'em all topieces! oncei figure out the best program to edit pictures to make mine smaller andcrop them easier, and still have them in a readable format, ill putsome more pictures onto here of all my babies.

AmberN2Buns wrote:
Pepper is an adorable bunny. I especially like the pictureof Pepper in the litter box. I feel like I could almost reachinto my monitor and pet him... :D
Thank-you, I was wondering didyou see Pepper's picture under the hip-hop rabbits post?

dreamgal042 wrote:
once i figure out the best program to edit pictures to makemine smaller and crop them easier, and still have them in a readableformat, ill put some more pictures onto here of all my babies.
I would recommend paint shop pro or Adobe Photoshop. Thoseare both commercial software though. As for free programs,have you looked on download.com?

So can anyone Identify Kibbles? Isuspect he is Rhinelander or Rex. I will send more pics ifNeeded. But I think it will have to be tomorrow. Ihave been browsing this forum since noon today. I think Nickmisses me. I am sure I need to make dinner, too...:) Good Night all!

Oh, so cute the pics of Kibbles and Theodore!Kibbles reminds me of one of my first rabbits, that I had way back inmy 4-H days. I don't know if you ever got an anwser to this question,but Kibbles looks like a tri color Rex, to me. That's what my Tuckerwas. How does he compare size-wise to Theodore? If he is a littlebigger than Theo, he is probably a Mini Rex, if he is a LOT bigger hewould be a standard Rex. Whatever he is, he and Theodore both aredarling!

gentle giants wrote:
Oh, so cute the pics of Kibbles and Theodore! Kibblesreminds me of one of my first rabbits, that I had way back in my 4-Hdays. I don't know if you ever got an anwser to this question, butKibbles looks like a tri color Rex, to me. That's what my Tucker was.How does he compare size-wise to Theodore? If he is a little biggerthan Theo, he is probably a Mini Rex, if he is a LOT bigger he would bea standard Rex. Whatever he is, he and Theodore both aredarling!
He was about 6 pounds, so I would say he was not a mini. :bunnydance:

jordiweswrote:
Thanks for bumping this thread gentle giants. What a greatstory! Please post more pics. Your bunnies are now on my bunny naplist. And I live pretty close!
I will tell Theodore to watch outfor you...:DI want to post more pics soon, I am so busy Ishouldn't even be here reading...

OK I'll admit it - I am addicted to RO.

Thanks for the compliments, gentle giants and Steph.

I've just seen this thread for the first time -what a great story! I love the photos - but I agree - we needNEW ones!

Peg

Hey, we have a similar story! Marbles seemed depressed whenever we left the house, and he stopped running around... he'd just look and beg for food. He got the curiosity back when Mocha moved in. He's also exploring again. :bunnydance:And yes, there's way more pee flying around than is necessary.

Hello all! I just got an email from SAS. I answered her but then thought I ought to pop in quickly here while I was at my computer. Here's my reply to her email:
Hey SAS! I am really touched that you were thinking about me.
We are fine. Life just suddenly picked up and I feel terrible that I have not visited.
First, I had a virus and lost my computer. That’s why I suddenly disappeared.
But in the midst of getting all the stuff back together that was lost (financial stuff, emails, programs, etc) So much has happened!
Let’s see… my Mom got evicted from her apartment again and ended up abandoning all her things, so we inherited a house full of furniture…
My Stepfather moved away so we helped him get all his things transported… Our car was starting to have issues so we ended up buying a new car, then I lost my job, so I started working temp jobs wherever I could, I went to school to become a bartender and just completed that a few weeks ago, I’ve had umpteen doctor’s appointments because some problems in my digestive system are recurring, My Great-Grandmother died last Thursday and we have been helping pack up all her things, and I (finally) just finished building our new computer yesterday! And all through this, we have been rearranging our house to make room for a new family member. We are trying to adopt a 9-year old girl who is in a lot of need.

It sure has been busy, and although it probably sounds like things have been hard, they really haven’t. There is just very little time lately. Other than that, I really don’t have any complaints, well except that I miss hearing about all the bunnies I am missing! J

Theodore’s doing great – He still has his own room, but sadly, he is going to have to move into a cage or hutch to make room for our new daughter. I feel bad enough that some days go by where I cannot share any attention with him. Every time I have thought of dropping in on RO, I just went to be with Theodore because I really need to give him more time than I have been.

Now that I am back up and running on my new computer, I really must try to make an effort to at least drop a line for y’all. But first, I have months of SPAM to sift, and *gulp* several half.com sales that should have been shipped a LONG time ago that I must make apologies for… L

Until then, please do let all our buds on RO know that I have been missing them.
I love you guys!
Amber
Well, anyways, I do have to run but I am really itching to get caught up here. If I start reading now I can assure you that it will be 5 hours gone before I know it!!!

I will be back soon!

HUGS!!!:missyou

Amber!!!!

We were really worried! So glad to hear you and Theo are okay.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly with adopting the little girl. What is her name btw?

Please pop in again soon!

Amber! :hug:

I'm just seeing this, and it's great to hear from you again :kiss:

Sounds like you have a lot going on. While you're definitely missed, it's understandable. Just remember to keep us posted! :hug2

Theodore and Seattle Snowmageddon 2010
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/_OT-vvmWxDA&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
"Snowbody Knows, The Trouble I Seen..."

This is from November. Nothing special. Just thought I would share :)

Love!

Thanks! :D

He will go out into the snow by choice but he won't stay in it for long.

He lives indoors. When the weather is nice he can come and go freely onto my deck and back in though.

He is spoiled :p

Back