Terrific Tans: A place to show off the tan breed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how energetic Jabberwocky is! I had been considering trying to jump train my little guy. I think he'd have a lot of fun. That video definitely motivates me to set up something for him. I admit he's not the best on his harness. He doesn't exactly follow with it. But I'm sure that's all part of the training!

I am so glad we have this thread now. :hearts:

DSC00171_1459x1094.jpg

I can never get a picture of him in a flop! He always moved when he hears the shutter! He likes flopping into walls. Table be damned, it's not in his way!

DSC00145_1459x1094.jpg

Demon eyes!

I am in LOVE with this thread!!! I personally think that the Tan is the most beautiful rabbit breed there is. Perhaps I'm a bit biased, but when I started getting in to rabbit breeding and doing research on all the different breeds, as soon as I saw the Tan I knew that that was the breed for me!

You are so right, they're not a cuddly breed at all. Affectionate and friendly, of course! One of my does, Guardian, is such a lover. She wants her nose scratched/attention ALL the time. When she's on the grooming table she will come up to me, stand on her hind legs and give me kisses. Makes my heart melt every time. I've only had her about 3 weeks now!

Here are a couple of pictures. They're a bit grainy quality since my camera was running out of battery at the time that I took them

Here is Ringer, my first doe. She was pretty skittish when she came to me, and even lunged at me a few times, but she really has calmed down a lot. She now comes over and asks me for scratches:

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg

PA140067.jpg

Happy Picture time with his human. Mild grump emanating.

PA180006_614x461.jpg

Being a handsome devil.

PA180003_614x461.jpg

Male human in his way. Does not like. Grumpy face lickings begin.

PA180001_614x461.jpg

Offering of grape excepted. Human can remain as table.

PA140050.jpg

My birthday was yesterday and a friend of mine made me handmade bunny soap! The General had to investigate and decided the ribbon was his gift from her.

You finally got him in a tanflop and almost half asleep LOL! I love these pictures and this thread :)

Here are some CUTE babies!! :D

Day one pic (I have two litters one of 7 and one of 2. We had to foster some over to the smaller bunch but they are growing nicely.
100_0081.jpg

Day 9
100_0097.jpg

100_0103.jpg

Day 13 and 14
100_0128.jpg

100_0136.jpg

100_0127.jpg

100_0122.jpg

100_0123.jpg

I think they were day 20-25 in these
100_0155.jpg

momma(serena) and baby
100_0146.jpg

100_0148.jpg

This is all of them thrown together in our famous bathroom. Pic and videos! These were taken this past weekend they're now 1 month old
100_0177.jpg

I absolutely adore their type!!
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/MtO-dNiPYCc&feature=g-upl&context=G21b01eeAUAAAAAAACAA&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/_hMYwgzopYw&feature=related&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Absolutely beautiful babies. Thanks for sharing.

Love the different shadings, from real dark tank to like a gray (?) in this litter.

I have to say, very impressive rabbits. Definitely need to show them off.

K :)

Thank you! I'm very happy with how these guys are turning out I hope their markings come in nicely too. I can't wait for their first show. The gray color is called blue different lighting makes them look like different colors.

Oh my gosh babies! They are so fluffy! I don't know if I want to give them squish pets, or dust my house with them!

P1210035.jpg

My fiancee and The General out in the snow.

P1210036.jpg

P1210031.jpg

P1210030.jpg

kuniklos wrote:
Oh my gosh babies! They are so fluffy! I don't know if I want to give them squish pets, or dust my house with them!

P1210035.jpg

My fiancee and The General out in the snow.

P1210036.jpg

P1210031.jpg

P1210030.jpg
Love the pics of General in the Snow. Thanks for sharing.

Just an awesome looking bunny General is.

Aw I wish we got snow in Texas! Heres some more pics of the babies. Four of them went to their first show last weekend but they were the only ones there lol

100_0254.jpg

100_0264.jpg

One of the babies and my kitty roxi :)

100_0294.jpg

Awesome and even Tan factor!

100_0272.jpg

100_0308-1.jpg

100_0318-1.jpg

Blurry pic but awesome type on one of beyonces little ones

100_0299-1.jpg

The lilac color is so pretty! Wow does it tolerate the bunny trance like that? Mine hates it so doesn't experience often other than when it's nail clipping time.

woahlookitsme wrote:
Aw I wish we got snow in Texas! Heres some more pics of the babies. Four of them went to their first show last weekend but they were the only ones there lol

100_0254.jpg

100_0264.jpg

One of the babies and my kitty roxi :)

100_0294.jpg

Awesome and even Tan factor!

100_0272.jpg

100_0308-1.jpg

100_0318-1.jpg

Blurry pic but awesome type on one of beyonces little ones

100_0299-1.jpg
The only word that pops in my head every time I see your babies, is WOW.

What handsome buns. Definitely show off the breed so well.

You scared them all away at the show. They heard you were coming. lol

Definitely best in show! Definitely eye catchers. Congratulations!

K:)

LOL actually flipping tans upside down is the way breeders teach our tans to be calm. From the time they are babies i hold them upside down until they be still and put them down when they are. Or that's how i learned was the safest way to hold a tan. If you hold them on your chest like a normal rabbit you will learn your lesson quick lol unless it is normal to them but all my tans freak when i hold them like that so i easily flip them and they calm quickly

They are actually blue lol i used the flash which actually does make them a look little lilacy but without it they are pretty dark you can kinda see it in the second picture.

Thank you Karen I strived hard to find great breeding rabbits and I'm super excited that ARBA convention will be in Kansas this year so I can finally make a name for myself at a national level!

woahlookitsme wrote:
LOL actually flipping tans upside down is the way breeders teach our tans to be calm. From the time they are babies i hold them upside down until they be still and put them down when they are. Or that's how i learned was the safest way to hold a tan. If you hold them on your chest like a normal rabbit you will learn your lesson quick lol unless it is normal to them but all my tans freak when i hold them like that so i easily flip them and they calm quickly

They are actually blue lol i used the flash which actually does make them a look little lilacy but without it they are pretty dark you can kinda see it in the second picture.

Thank you Karen I strived hard to find great breeding rabbits and I'm super excited that ARBA convention will be in Kansas this year so I can finally make a name for myself at a national level!
That's an interesting idea. General Bismark doesn't mind being held on my chest, as long as his head rests on my shoulder or against my neck and he's receiving pettins. If you stop giving the pettings and the happy purrs stop: you might get a sudden nip. But giving him the flip...ohhh he hates it. He remains calm for a few moments, but his paws twitch and he chatters like he's chewing tobacco. But the moment you hold loosens he tries to run. your does look very calm! I will have to try your method on my little soldier over the next few weeks. Would make nail clipping easier, as it's a two person job at the moment. and he gets them clipped and filed about every 3 weeks.

Oh wow, blue, that's stunning! If I wasn't certain the General means to be an only child, I would seriously consider contacting you about one. Assuming you don't mind them getting terribly spoiled instead breeding. ;p

woahlookitsme wrote:

Please let me know how your bunnies do. I'm really excited for you. Wishing you all the success. Your bunnies, IMHO, will make a name for themselves thanks to you. They are truly awesome. I have to say I really like the blue lol. Will you be showing both colors?

lol mine do that too. The more you do it and give them the deserved release the better they act. Of course some take it better than others. I usually sit and cradle them in my lap to do nails. Of course i wouldn't mind them being spoiled. I sell to pet homes all the time. Tans make the best pets for people who understand them :)

I will definitely post how i do at convention. I'm hoping to breed every doe I have which is three or four hopefully they will all take. I will hopefully have blacks, chocos, and blues to show. I haven't gotten any lilacs in my litters so far. I just bred a choco to a choco that is due this week so we will see.

The general is so pretty and soooo dark for a chocolate :) Looks beautiful in the snow

P2180047.jpg

The General has been an unusually good boy lately. He's been excellent on his leash, has been extra affectionate and cuddly. He hasn't destroyed anything, and he's been friendly and curious with new people coming into the apartment. It's like he's a different bunny!

Back