Tansitioning to adult timothy pellets....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewy-de-Lionhead

Bunny Slave
Reaction score
I found that when I mix the pellets in his food bowl as recommended he would pick out the alfalfa pellets and then when they were gone, he would toss his food crock and waste the timothy pellets. So this is what I'm doing now.

He only gets his timothy pellets (Oxbow brand) in his bowl in the hutch and then I keep the alfalfa pellets with me and he only gets those as a "treat" for visiting me and getting petted. This is working out so much better than putting both in his bowl. And as soon as I started doing this, he started eating his timothy pellets no problem.

I'm on week 3 of transitioning, so he's at 1/2 timothy and 1/2 alfalfa pellets, following what is recommended on the Oxbow bag for transitioning.

This works well for bonding with him as well. He's beginning to associate me with "treats". So its been a win-win. Just thought I would share in case anyone else is dealing with the same issues in the process of switching to adult pellets.

Latest posts

Back