Tank Train Leaves Tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argggg i justspent 20 minutes looking for the picturewhere it shows the location , if memoryserves me correct (he somtimes ) itsjust under her chin on the right.I have to caution if you tryto pick her up to look or to touchit you may get bittenuse extreme caution with her, also watch her when it comesto touching the right shoulder blade also. If it should start to fillagain it will show as aDewlap over the top of her normal one .It will be very noticable .

She's on her way! Great digs, Angela and James!thanks so much for hosting our Tankie. I think all of us links claim ashare in the big girl.:p

The abcess is directly under the right side of her jaw. Try distractingwith rolled oats, that always worked for me. In my opinion, it isaboutthe size of a small grape and hasn't changed much if anyfrom a few days after it popped.

Ears and butt worked for me too. She eventually stopped flinching there(I could actually push her around a bit, like Bub), but never let metouch shoulders much. I picked her up this morning with no struggle orstress, but man, she weighs like a ton of bricks. Very, very solid!

The ruffly fur is that lovely stage of molt right before it all comesloose.:pI'm guessing naturestee is about to get the worst ofit. hehehehe

Thanks for the pics, and good luck with our girl!:D

Rose

gypsy wrote:
Argggg i just spent 20minutes looking for the picture whereit shows the location , if memory servesme correct (he somtimes ) itsjust under her chin on the right.I have to caution if you tryto pick her up to look or to touchit you may get bittenuse extreme caution with her, also watch her when it comesto touching the right shoulder blade also. If it should start to fillagain it will show as aDewlap over the top of her normal one .It will be very noticable .
Okay, we think we noticed a small something there last night.I'll try again later. It's recessed under her chin, sonowhere near sticking out on top of her dewlap.

And yeah, her dewlap looks like a furry baseball under her neck!:p

NaturesTee as long as itis still small and not filling back upshe should be fine . When TankArrives here , the Monday after landingshe is headed for the Vets for a completeonce over and will have that tested andcultured to find out just what it is andits cause , and the best course of treatment .Thank heavens for open endedvet appointments , All Ihave to dois suit up in chain male andheavy gloves and we are Golden with thevet lol . Poor Vet isnt going to knowwhat hit him wehn she getsthere lol .

For those of us who are new here or have a badmemory or may have missed the threads, could someone give somebackground to this story, please? It seems like I was reading a threada few weeks ago about Tank having babies, and everyone was waiting andwaiting, but I don't know the end to that story. How did Rabbitgirl gethere and where does she live? And why is she going across country toGypsy? She's a beautiful girl, Flemish, right?

Nancy

ChinaBun wrote:
For those of us who are new here or have a bad memory or mayhave missed the threads, could someone give some background to thisstory, please? It seems like I was reading a thread a few weeks agoabout Tank having babies, and everyone was waiting and waiting, but Idon't know the end to that story. How did Rabbitgirl get here and wheredoes she live? And why is she going across country to Gypsy? She's abeautiful girl, Flemish, right?

Nancy
I'll just give a short, short version from what I remember.

Tank is a Palomino, not a Flemish. She was taken back from a breederwho was mal-treating her (Or how I remember it she was). Whenrabbitgirl picked her up from the breeder, she thought Tank waspreganant. Well, it went past 35 days and so her and gypsy believe sheeither was never pregnant or she miscarried. She is now on her way backto gypsy whom I believe she belonged to in the first place or has someother sort of connection to Tank.

Gypsy's original connection to Tank is that sheknows Rabbitgirl.:p Tank is not "user friendly" due to herprevious mistreatment, so she needs to go to someone who is capable ofhandling her and taking care of her. Also, the Palomino is arare breed that, as I understand it, is getting too inbred in someareas. Gypsy is starting to breed Palominos and Tank will bepart of the program. She has a different heritage than theother rabbits in that area of the country because there's half acontinent in between them.

Here are a couple of threads about this:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=9791&forum_id=1&highlight=tank
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=9665&forum_id=1&highlight=tank
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=9806&forum_id=1&highlight=tank

No such thing as too many Tank pictures! She's shy, but settling in and getting used to all the new sights and sounds.

ehalgm.jpg

Hee hee, look at the cute butt!

ehalj5.jpg

She's huge!:shock:

ehalqd.jpg

Okay, okay, I'll stop with the pictures and let you sleep!

Tank wants all of you to know that she does not approve of these pictures. They are not nearly dignified enough!:p

Wow, her feet stayed pretty clean even after the mess she made in the carrier!

She looks so nice and comfy. It's weird to have "her" cage empty here.It feels like there are way too many empty cages here.:(Buton the good side, Pandmonium and Fenny get to move into their new digsfinally.

Rose

Oddly enough, most of the mess was UNDERNEATHthe hay, not on top of it. Since she refused to come out for8 hours or so, it was a stinking mess.:? I came home, openedthe bathroom door, and set about taking the carrier apart to get herout of there. As soon as I did, she went into the cageinstead.

She was just thumping because I went in there and she wantedout. Oh, the glares! The horror! I boughther off with a little bit of bread.:p

:note:"Oh when Ms. Tank

comes marchin in...

Oh When Ms. Tank comes marchin in...

Gypsy will sing a song of Victory

When Ms. Tank comes Marchin In..." :note:

ChinaBun wrote:
For those of us who are new here or have a bad memory or mayhave missed the threads, could someone give some background to thisstory, please? It seems like I was reading a thread a few weeks agoabout Tank having babies, and everyone was waiting and waiting, but Idon't know the end to that story. How did Rabbitgirl get here and wheredoes she live? And why is she going across country to Gypsy? She's abeautiful girl, Flemish, right?

Nancy
Actually China bun she is aPalomino , one of the reasons sheis coming to me is because of the limitedgene pool here , the breed is in dangerof being lost . Tank was bred whenRosegot her but witherabsorbed or misscarried the litter ( shame too )

Rose lives in the Mid west andTank is traveling by bunny trainto Convention in Indiana , WhereStarlights Rabbitry will then pick her upand bring her back to NH , To me Wehave arranged to meet in a different stateto insure safety for all involvedRose got her out of a bad breedingsituation and i basicallydecided she should come here .If the lines are to continue I may aswell do my part to insure theGenes get mixed up just a bit .
Natures Tee, She must like you only a fewhours and your already getting her goodside ( the Butt ) lol . What a pretty girl she is. What ever do you meanenoughPictures!!!!! not in this life time lol . I loveseeing her and more isalways better .

More pics you say? Here's Tank playingMartha Stewart, trying to remodel her cage. She's so funnywhen she digs and chews at it. She doesn't seem to do itreally hard, but she does try.:p And I haven't seen her touchher toys at all. I guess wire beats apple sticks for her.

ehcjt2.jpg

ehcjuq.jpg

Oh, and did I tell you that Loki binkied after smelling Tank under thebathroom door? He's definately happy about being the onlymale of five bunnies!:cool:

ehcjuq.jpg

Look at the babyBegging!!

Tank seems to have a hard time expressing how she's really feeling, doesn't she??

:ponder:

-Carolyn

LOL Carolyn, she's actually digging.She hasn't begged for me yet. She just demands. Asin "Let me out now!" Thump. Glare.Begging is obviously beneath a lady of such stature and dewlapiness.:p

This girl has me running!:run:

Latest posts

Back