Syphillis/nose discharge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I might of figured out why Smokies Vulva is red. I notice today when I sat in the living room to look at my dad's computer for a few minutes and heard ruckus coming from there cage and there is D.C. going at her like a Horny little boy. lol Could that be why?

You mean he's humping her? That might irritate it, from friction. Before Ben had gotten all the hormones out of his system, he once humped so much it made him bleed. But DC is neutered, right? Why would he be humping her so much?

Is her nose all fine now?

He is defiantly neutered, I don't know much he was humping her. But that day he defiantly was. He could be doing it at night or while i'm at work so I don't see it. My parents have my video camera or I would set it up to watch them for a day.

Just checked Smokies and her vulva is still pretty red when you pull it out :( Couldn't it be something else like a UTI?

If there were any changes in the urine, it could cause scald there, which might make it irritated. UTIs can lead to urine scald, but so can kidney disease. :( How old is Smokies? Has she had a blood test for liver/kidney function lately?

Tracy, Smokies is defiantly is Spayed, she was spayed after she had her kids years ago. :) It's possible that she is humping him to but she's pretty laid back girl and
doesn't do much.

Claire, I haven't noticed any change in her urine. But I wouldn't likely notice it as she's pretty good at using her litter box. I don't see and urine scald on her.
Smokies is 4 or 5 I think. She's never had any blood test done.

In terms of the UTI, the first symptom I have seen of UTIs is that they are restless and shifting position a lot. that's not to say it's not the first symptom, but that's what I see before anything else. Is she restless?

could she be lying on something and making it sore?

I don't think she's restless but she doesn't have much room right now. I'm working on making them a 4x5 NIC cage :)

Right now they are housed in a large rabbit cage with a litter box which gets cleaned once to twice a day and there water dish. I put the hay on the floor of the cage. But I noticed she was red when she lived outside at my parents house.

Here's a picture of there out door set up
DSCF3053.jpg

DSCF3050-1.jpg

Back