Sudden breakthrough on rabbit and cat bonding! Yay!

• Thread starter Sophie's Humble Servant
  • Start date
Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sophie's Humble Servant

I've been working on getting Sophie and my cat bonded and there was a very positive breakthrough just a couple of nights ago.

I had just started giving them treats last couple of days to eat whilst in close proximity of each other and I've also been brushing and petting them while they're in the same room.

I'm not sure if what I've been doing has any bearing on this but it's positive nonetheless.

While my cat was sleeping in her bed on the couch, Sophie jumped up to sit right beside her! My cat knew she was there and didnt do anything. Sophie has also quit pestering her. What Sophie did was lay down about 2 inches from my cat and sit with her back facing my cat. They were both facing away from each other but they were sleeping like that! Well my cat slept and Sophie just put her head down for me to groom her lol.

It's soooo cute and sweet to see them so close to each other and also so relaxed! Sophie did it again last night too and my cat had the same reaction.

I'm right beside them though in case either of them does something unpredictable but wow! I'm amazed!

Congrats! I wish I could bond my rabbits and cats. But one of our cats, Ben, we rescued as a stray. He was around 9 months old and was only 4 pounds he lived on feral rabbits my neighbors let go. When we took him in we neutered him, but never got him declawed as that made all our other cats mean. He is now 12 pounds but as soon as he see's a rabbit he goes into thats my only meal and I'm starving to death mode. He got two of our young juniors before we moved the rabbits outside into a barn.
Here ben:)

133.jpg

Last edited:
Awww Ben is very handsome! I have a tabby too:). I'm going to try to get a picture of the two of them. The problem is every time I want to take a picture of them, it's always late at night and the flash makes their eyes look all crazy! Lol

I'm so glad the bonding seems to be working. You must have been so pleased to see them laying down by each other.

My cat doesn't seem to give a care either way about our bun. Usually keeps walking away, while the bunny tries to groom him...But I did catch them laying next to each other long enough for me to grab a picture!!

bond.jpg

Oh how cute, it's great to see that they're getting along. I waited until after my childhood cat passed away before asking for a rabbit, because he was a rabbit hunter too and I knew it was always too much of a risk.

OMG! They look sooo cute! It make me want to bond my mainecoon and my little Merlin! If only Ben was around!

Ok so here's a picture from last night. Its hard to tell from the pic but they are less than a foot apart. Sophie+Chipsie=<3

image.jpg

Another pic from this evening. They like to sit in the same spot lol. They both have relaxed eyes:)

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back