Styrefoam?*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoobyDoo

Reaction score
Out in the middle of a Cornfield..., Iowa, USA
My rabbit just swallowed some styrefoam (i dontknow if i spelled that right) and i'm really worried because I'm notsure if it's horrible for him or not--he is runnig aroud, eating, anddrinking like normal, but idk if maybe later on tonight he'll getworse. if anyone has any suggestions please help because Ican't take him to the vet at midnight on a weekend...please help...

Hi ScoobyDoo,

Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but hopefully one of the more experienced members will reply to your post soon.

I don't think styrofoam is safe to eat, but I am sure if your bun only ate a small amount of it it shouldn't hurt him.

How much of it do you think he ate?

I would just keep an eye on him, andmaybe encourage him to eat more hay to help the styrofoam pass through him.

:hug2:

:yeahthat

Most certainly give some hay. I've hadrabbits munch on styrofoam occasionally and it passed through with noproblems. Becertain to watch for small, drydroppings that could indicate an intestinal blockage.

Pam

:yeahthat

Lots of hay, and make sure he's drinking plenty of water. Alittle canned pumpkin for vanilla flavored water might not be a badidea.

Latest posts

Back