Spraying/Humping Problems?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon Bunny

Reaction score
We just got our male bunny Ping neutered to stophim from spraying everything with pee and so he'd quit humping ourfemale rabbit Bonsai. (She's already been spayed tho.) It's been a bitless then a week and while he's cut down on humping and spraying, he'sstill doing it.

Does it just take more time to get out of his systom or will he neverfully stop humping and spraying? From what I've read neuteringshould've knocked it right out of him, but it hasn't. The humping wecan deal with, but we can't have him spraying pee out of the cage andonto the carpet. We've tried half covering the cage, but I'm sure he'sstill getting pee on the carpet where it's not covered, and we can'tFULLY cover the cage because it'll lock in the peesmell andprobably give the rabbits respritory problems.

Are there any suggestions on what to do? Or will he stop in a few moreweeks once the testosterone works it's way out of his systom?

Help!!!

it might take a few more weeks, or even a month. . .you have to wait for all the male hormones to get out of his system.

if he keeps up with it, then i would suggest getting a small squirt gunor spray bottle and attempt to correct the behaviour with a quicksquirt or spray whenever you see him spray.

Kawaii608 wrote:
why don't you just litter train him?

he may already be litter trained. . .litter trained rabbits can still spray. . .just like litter trained male cats still spray.

Some males I have met still spary even yearsafter a nuter. Some just do it for amusement, try getting some chewtoys for him so he will have someting to do other than spray!

Latest posts

Back