Spayed female and false pregnancy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topaz

Reaction score
I have a spayed female living with 3 neutered males. All were rescue. The female in question is Gypsy, about 4 years old now (a guess, she came from a no kill shelter.) She came to us already spayed. I got our first two males neutered at my own vet, and the last rabbit I got came from another rescue that got him out of a shelter, already neutered (name is Dempsey.)

Now, Gypsy has been ripping out her fur the past 2 days, and today I saw her carry a huge mouthful of hay into their hide/house (which is a plastic carrier without a door.) Could she be going through a false pregnancy, even though she's spayed? I've searched the forum and google and all info I found on false pregnancies is about in tact females.

I don't know what vet spayed her, or if the rescue was the one to do the spaying, or even if the previous owners got her spayed - no idea. So I guess that could be a possibility. Just to be 100% sure, I checked he "newest" male (Dempsey,) to make sure he was neutered, and he was missing the right bits, so we're good on that. I've heard stories of people adopting "fixed" animals, and it turned out they weren't so "fixed" Is there anything I should do specifically for her going through this, or do I just let her do her thing?

Latest posts

Back