Spay/Neutering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyRue

Reaction score
So when Rue hits the 5/6 month mark I am going to get her spayed(or neutered if she turns out to be a he). I have two options for vets in my area. They are both the same price ($80 for neuter $180 for spay). However I don't know what vet to pick. The one vet just opened their clinic a few months ago and I haven't heard much either way about her. The other one has been around for awhile but I am hearing mixed reviews.

What specific questions should I be asking? How do you make sure you pick the right vet?

Perfect! I knew there was something like that out there. Thank you very much. Exactly what I need to know :)

You might also want to find out if the new vet worked for another vet's office & if so, where. Then see what that place's reputation is.

Good idea Orlena. I think I will stop by the clinic and speak to them in person then maybe arrange a check up just to see how she is with Rue and get to ask more questions.

When I had Dobby and Kreacher neutered, I took their food and water with me. My Rabbit Vet and their staff made sure they had that when they woke. When I picked them up, they had already ate, drank, poo and peed. All good signs.

Good luck with Rue. Can't wait till it's all over for both of you. And also the question answer if Rue is a boy or a girl.

K

I wish I could get the little snot to let me lay her on her back to look a little more closely. I am fairly sure she is a she. If she turns out to be a he I wouldn't complain because it would be cheaper lol. But I keep calling her a her so shes gotta be a her right?

I really should be sleeping. I am starting to confuse myself.

BabyRue wrote:
I wish I could get the little snot to let me lay her on her back to look a little more closely. I am fairly sure she is a she. If she turns out to be a he I wouldn't complain because it would be cheaper lol. But I keep calling her a her so shes gotta be a her right?

I really should be sleeping. I am starting to confuse myself.
lol, I guess. Wish I was there, I'd flip her over for you and see for sure. If Rue is a girl, she's going to unfortunately go through more than if she's a boy. But it will definitely be more healthier for her. Girls have a bigger chance of getting cancer of the reproductive organs, than the boys.

Hope you have a restful night.

K

Latest posts

Back