Soup

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
What's your favorite kind of soup?
Now don;t go naming random home-made soups..
I want to know you're favorite CANNED soup.
Or package...
Whatever soup comes in..
But it can't be homemade
:)
Mine is Habitat Pea Soup with Ham

Not a fan of canned soup.

Brandy456 wrote:
I want to know you're favorite CANNED soup.
I'd have to say Green Pea soup - especially with hot dogs cut up and thrown in.

OK, maybe the hot dogs make it a bit homemade, and also the garlic powder and thyme I always put in... but the SOUP is from a can.

Can't do canned soup lol it just tastes funny lol, but there is one thats okish watties thick and chunky homestyle beef and bacon :)

I haven't used canned soup in many moons. I love making homemade turkey noodle soup from our leftover Thanksgiving turkey, although I don't eat it (I'm a veg-head). My hubby and friends rave over it.

This doesn't count, but I had a delicious pumpkin bisque with granny smith apples from a bagel place near me the other day. It was sooooo good!

I prefer homemade soup too. I love split pea. Last summer I bought a can of split pea soup and was actually horrified enough that I poured it down the drain. For canned soup, I like Campbell's Scotch Broth but haven't seen that for sale in a long time unfortunately. I buy tomato soup but use part milk and add garlic and italian seasoning to it. I buy Campbell's vegetarian vegetable soup too and we usually have chicken noodle in the pantry. So, those 3. My favorites though are the V8 soups, I've liked all the ones I've tried but they're like $3 per container.

I'm hungry.

When I'm feeling a little down, I like to have a can of Campbell's Tomato Soup. I always make it with milk, or half-milk-half-water.

I do tend to keep a can or two of Progresso Lentil Soup in the pantry. It's not that fantastic, but it's quick and easy if I don't have a lunch for work. I keep a bottle of Tabasco at work, and it helps to perk the soup up.

Otherwise, I mostly have homemade soup. I no longer eat meat, and there aren't a lot of tasty vegetarian canned soups out there. So I just make my own. :)

Same here Beth! I don't eat canned soup, I always make my own. But I keep a couple cans of tomato soup in the pantry for if I'm not well. I make mine with milk too and load it with soda crackers.

But otherwise I make all my soups. Sweet potato chowder is my favorite. I like soups that require bread for dunking the best :)

Ooh I do like the vegetarian lentil soup too. I made homemade lentil soup once based on the ingredient list of the canned soup and it turned out well also.

Homemade New England clam chowder or my own recipe for oyster chowder/stew... or homemade split pea soup.

You can take the girl away from the ocean but you cannot take the ocean out of the girl.

Made turkey soup from a turkey breast I had cooked a few days ago - the house smelled great.

Denise

I usually have soup from a packet rather then a can, don't think I've ever had canned soup actually! I like Erin soups, mushroom, oxtail, tomato and chicken are my favourites :) My Nana used to make the nicest soups :tears2:

Elf Mommy wrote:
OK...so maybe originally the thread was about canned soups...but NOW I want the recipes to the homemade ones!
You mean like...Pizza soup? (I have made that with Campbell's tomato soup and spaghetti sauce and other ingredients..).

Latest posts

Back