Sophie's Purr Button

• Thread starter Sophie's Humble Servant
  • Start date
Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sophie's Humble Servant

I found Sophie's sweet spot! If I rub her jaw muscles in a circular motion she tooth purrs like crazy:)

Considering how much action that muscle gets, she probably appreciates the massage! :happybunny:

Maybe your rabbit loves it too?

Yes, Felix loves his jaw rubs! I only learned it a while after having him, since he didn't seem too open to me rubbing his face when he was younger. Nowadays he runs over to me and puts his head down, and I grab his little chin and rub his ears and jaw in circles and hear him purring away. Clementine likes them too. :)

Awe sweet! Buster was not extremely tame when I got him, so he was definitely shy of having his face touched. Now, at 3 years old, he has finally chilled out and lays down next to me and snoozes while I gently rub his cheeks and just below his ears. It's his favorite time of the day, I think! Next to getting yogurt drops, that is! :)

Oh, and Chloe! When you rub the back of her neck, or stroke her ears, she does this ever so quiet chatter! My boyfriend, Toby, thought I was insane when I mentioned she does this, and it sounds like my kitten purring, almost, mixed with a very quiet guinea pig...until he pet her and had the same outcome! So funny! She loves her face stroked, too. :)

Yes I usually get a lot of purring from her with face rubs but the jaw massage makes her purr the entire time and she closes her eyes very tightly when I massage her jaw.

Even after I stopped I could see her purring vibration and the eyes stayed closed for about 10 seconds after my hands were off.

What a result!

Thumper also loves this, it's his favorite. Since I brought him home he has been open to pets just about everywhere, sometimes even his belly and feet but his cheeks being rubbed are his fav. He has let me rub them for up to an hour sitting next to me on the chair while I watched Pitbulls and Parolees. Probably would have went on much longer if I didn't have things to do.

Both of mine too. Groucho doesn't like much face touching, but he does love rubbed around his jaw and ears. I had him purring earlier today. Busy loves it too and has such an intense purr. He also sometimes likes nose rubs.

Brooke and Lady like to have their jaws rubbed. I get tons of teeth rubbing in a good way, haven't heard any purring but who knows!

Vanessa

What you call teeth rubbing might be what is referred to as purring - the noise they make when they are happy by grinding their teeth.

Gandalf loves me scratching him behind and between his ears, that always results in instant purring.

Yes I believe teeth rubbing is the same as tooth purring/purring:)

I'm going to have to try rubbing Alfy's jaw. She loves her head in between her eyes to be rubbed and licks or nudges me if I stop!

That also works with all of ours--I rub the top on the head and the jaw simultaneously and they just grind away. With Serena, she's just one large purr spot. Once I get them going I can hold their whole head in my hand and work the back of their neck too for the same response.

I'm happy that Sophie is happy:)

She didn't have a good life before and was in the shelter twice so I'm so glad she gets to feel content enough to purr on a daily basis now. She really enriches my life!

These little things I'm learning about her as time goes by makes me love her more and more:)

What you call teeth rubbing might be what is referred to as purring - the noise they make when they are happy by grinding their teeth.

Gandalf loves me scratching him behind and between his ears, that always results in instant purring.

Ah ! The penny dropped! Thanks for clarifying and then in that case, yes!!!

Vanessa

Latest posts

Back