Sophie went to the vet....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We found quite a bit more bald patches, a hugeone on her neck. A few of them looked really pink, and others werewhite (her skin). The vet first said he would do a culture for mayberingworm, but then thought it wasn't necesary because she doesn't itch,scratch or just seem to be bothered at all. Anyways, she was givenTresaderm, to be applied twice a day for 2 week. Has anyone else usedTresaderm before? He said this should clear it up just fine. Also, thatmaybe it was caused by stress or perhaps a bug bite.

I was so proud of her though! She can tend to have a little attiutudesomtimes, but she behaived sooo well! She loves cats too, so she got tosee the vet cats and they came up to her carrier and they smelteachother.

Tresaderm is for bacterialinfections. Where exactly are the bald spots (youmentioned neck -- in the dewlap area or over the shoulders?).

Fungal infections generally start on the legs or face.Bacterial infections on the dewlap are not uncommon. The mostcommon area for mite infestation is over the shoulders.

I was judging yesterday and disqualified a rabbit for being infested with fleas :(

Pam

There was one on her nose/forehead area, between her eyes. one over her ear, 1 under her eye, and 2 large ones on her neck.

Now I remember that you had posted photos of her :) Wish the vet had cultured for a fungal infection.

Keep us updated on how she's doing.

Pam

Latest posts

Back