something that is concerning me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucylocket

Reaction score
hi there

ive got something on my mind

we are looking after my friends hamster

for 3 weeks

the thing that is concerning me is what if something happens to smartie whilst they are away

do i have a word with my friend or not

varna xxxx

I always recommend getting the contact info when the pet is dropped off in case there is an emergency.

I'm bunn sitting an Angora while the family is on a trip to the UK. They will be checking their email for messages and updates from me ;)

Pam

I'd give them a ring if anything happens to Smartie, they'll want to know. I'm pet-sitting two bunnies and two guinea pigs at the momentand I have their owner's phone numbers incase anything does happen to them, or if I need theirpermission to allow themto be treated if they get ill etc.

Hi varna,

I would make sure you can contact them if something does happen.

When we had some watch our hammies, we had made arrangements for them to come to our house. They were also taking care of our buns.

When we were gone, one of the hammie escaped from it's cage. The sitters hated to bother us, but they called to tell us anyway. Good thing, too. I told them to take the hammie's cage and put it on the floor with the door open. I asked them to make sure there was always food and water available. I also thanked them and asked them not to worry and it wasn't their fault (this hammie was known for great escapes). I explained that she would come back to the cage to get food and water and may even decide to stay in the cage.

When we got home the hammie hadn't returned for good, but had been making trips to the cage to eat and drink.

Sure enough, a few days later I was in the den and looked down to see a fuzzy little face peeking out from under the closet door. I scooped her up and put her back in her cage..... WITH A LOCK ON THE DOOR. She had built quite a nice little nest amongst our snow boots, too.

So get their contact info and call them if anything happens.

~Jim

Honesty is by far the way to go IF something happens to any pet you are taking care of for someone else. My Miffy died the day after we left on our 3 week trip, they emailed us to let us know(time difference) and I am grateful that they did this, it would have be so much worse to not know then come home and find out that my bunny had died. So, yes contact them if something happens.

Back