Something is possible happening ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thumperina in December. She was probably already sick.

Attachments

• thumperina.jpg
    thumperina.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 11
You’re absolutely right that pts can be really stressful, especially for a bunny like thumperina who didn’t want to be handled. It was probably kinder for her that she made her own choice to go instead of being restrained etc. You definitely werent wrong in giving her treatments to make her feel better - the extra time she had was spent with her bunny friend, and being able to chill out and eat something yummy outside. She knew when it was time to go, and she sounds so stubborn that I doubt you could have changed her mind! What an amazing bunny, and I know it’s so sad she is gone, but you need to feel comfort in the fact you did sooooo much to help her - you’re a fantastic bunny parent and she is so lucky she had you. What a littler sweetheart in that picture <3

I'm so sorry she's gone. Pts is one of the hardest things trying to determine for me cause I'm always hoping there's a solution to getting them well again. So I completely understand. It does sound like being able to pass away in her home was the best and least stressful thing for her. RIP little bun.

Thank you Popsicles and JBun.
The evening she passed, I was about go to the vet to ask for some stronger pain killer (before their close time), so you can guess her final hours weren't peaceful at all. When she was seen earlier in June, the vet mentioned several ways we could handle her situation, and I am recalling he was mentioning narcotic pain control or even palliative/hospice care.
I shouldn't have gotten her to the point when her problems became so bad. Seems like she chose to be gone when she refused to be eating in May, well she would die from stasis which is for sure no fun, but at the end of June she had all sorts of other problems + finally stasis. I have a feeling that meloxidyl I was squeezing into her mouth was staying in her mouth without getting into her stomach and bloodstream. I tried to give it the same time as critical care, but at the end she didn't eat critical care well.
I hope she is in bunny heaven where the weather is always great and lots of delicious things to eat and she re-united with her deceased loved ones.
I remember the four of them were sitting under the deck on a warm day probably in April and I brought some dandelion flowers for them. They were so cute, sitting in a row: one brown rabbit, one broken white, another brown and then another broken white. I should have a picture I took back then because of how very cute they were with dandelion flowers in front of them. but I am not sure how to find it.
Even though she was very independent and stubborn, she was gentle at the same time. Never bit me, even towards the end. Usually when she didn't like me to mess with her, she would bite me very slightly and then lick me.
She let us treat her when she had a bad case of fly strike (recalling buying manuka honey $50/jar and taking her to laser therapy - my mom suggested she should mail me a hammer). Ticks I removed from her ears using lice comb that we have from time my kiddo had lice. She was a mom once, long ago, and she was a great one! never harmed any of her kits and took a good care of them. She gave birth in an underground burrow in the yard and we didn't learn about them until probably 3 weeks of age! (this is when FooFoo and Paul were born, and they were so very cute, they were smaller than my palm)
But now her time is over. Good bye my sweet Thumperina. Love you and miss you.

Last edited:
Back