someone has something to tell you all!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
I want to let everyone know that Paxden has changed his name! A few days ago he was watching Pushing Daisies with us and let us know that he wanted to be called Ned (one of the characters on the show). Paul and I think Ned is a very cute name for such a handsome bunny, so how could we say no?

IMG_1065resized.jpg

"Sorry for the confusion, guys!"

We're trying to think up the perfect middle name and last name for him. I am fond of Ned Zacchaeus McBunner.

are you a pet psychic,.sure-he told you ned,..rrrr,rr,.hey where is his other ear(right one),..we ounce named the babies and one (molly) ended up to be a male(and offended) so i call her molly-b the walla-bee always a she never a he,..so you see where i belong,..rrrr, sincerely james waller

ahhh that was my fav show till it got cancelled :(
since so many people called in to complain they are playing one final episode tomorrow night at 10! (ontario time..) lol

Dave, sorry to tell ya but you're not the first one to think of that- I pointed out that Ned is the last part of Paxden right away too and thought maybe Nedxap could be his secret identity! I should make him a tiny mask.

Amy and James, I wish I could communicate psychically with animals! How cool would that be? Unfortunately I can't, I was just playing around. Like how some people here make accounts for their bunnies to write from and Bunspace is almost entirely from the perspective of rabbits.

James, Ned lost his ear at the animal shelter. The shelter workers put him and another small bunny in a cage with a really big rabbit, then left them alone. The big rabbit ripped one of Ned's ears off, bit the tip of the other ear off, and damaged the other little bunny's ears too. So sad! We got Ned three weeks ago and the "accident" was about two weeks before that.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Amy and James, I wish I could communicate psychically with animals! How cool would that be? Unfortunately I can't, I was just playing around. Like how some people here make accounts for their bunnies to write from and Bunspace is almost entirely from the perspective of rabbits.
Phew.....I was going to be pretty mad if you never told me you could communicate with animals....just kidding :blushan:! It would be cool though...I'd love to talk to some past and present pets of mine.

Aww! What a great name for him! :)

Hehe...I tell everyone that our animals pick their names. Heck, Maisie had a REALLY obvious reaction to being initially named Petunia. She HATED it...wouldn't even LOOK at me. It was really clear she was TICKED about it.

So, Maisie became "Bunny" for I think a week until I could think of a new name...and I did some research, and had the name "Pearl" in mind, but it just didn't seem to fit. Then, looking for names that MEAN Pearl, I came across Maisie. I swear she binkied at the name suggestion...and was happy as a clam about it!

:biggrin2:

Rosie, I know exactly what you mean! For some reasons only some names seem to be right for any given bunny. I always want to name them quickly because it doesn't seem right to me for them not to have names, and like they aren't really mine yet until they have been appropriately named. I really like Paxden and was relieved to find a name for him, but as we get to know him more, Ned just seems like the right name for him. We've been calling him Ned for a few days now and it seems completely natural. Some people probably think I'm a great big weirdo for caring about bunny names so much, but oh well :)

When we were trying to decide on a name for him, I told Paul that I wished we could just name them all Rory. I love the name Rhiordan/Rory and think it's the perfect bunny name. I planned on naming my rabbit that for like six years and knew I'd found Rory when I saw his photo on Petfinder. I didn't even consider naming him something different! Tallulah was pretty easy to name because it just seemed perfect for her as soon as I heard it. Skyler was the hardest to name and Phoebe Mae took about a week and a half, but I think her name is perfect too.

Arr that is cute. people always nick name their pets anyway and end up calling them diff names, like the joke, my name is fred but you can call me dave sort of thing.
Our cats name is oliver but he is always called wolly xx
We had a whole list of names before we settled on oliver and then called him wolly anyway lol
Our rabbits were peppa and georgie and then we considered squirrel and nutkin but the kids kept calling them peppa and georgie so we stuck with that. x He is very cute x

I think the winner is Ned Zaccheus Bramblebuck. Paul is already calling him Ned Zed Bramblebutt...

Karen, our bunnies have SO many nicknames! None of them know their names at all, possibly because I have so many nicknames for them. I think Peppa and Georgie are really cute :)

Neddie is really coming out of his shell. It's almost 4 am here but we're still awake, and Ned is running around the living room. He's alternately taunting Rory who's in his cage, and bouncing around with us on the couch. He likes Paul better so far (I think because of all the medicine I had to give him and holding him on his back to look at his testicle when he was having complications from his neuter), but sits on both of us and likes pets. He jumped on top of a set of drawers and threw a bag of paper Easter grass on the floor, then ripped it open, scattered it everywhere and had fun digging in it! Very cute. Worth the mess I'll have to clean up in a little while!

Aww! Sounds like he's adjusting so wonderfully! YAY!! :)

And I know what you mean...our poor dears usually go without a name for about a week while I figure out their personalities a bit. :)

Of course, there have been a couple (like Teddy and Trixie) whose names didn't change. But their names were so perfect, they didn't NEED to change! Not to mention, with Trixie, it felt more like I was permanently bun-sitting for Denise, so changing her name wasn't an option in my mind. :)

Everyone else, though...it took a while. Cinnamon was pretty quick (I think just a few days), because I saw that sprinkling of Cinnamon color in her otherwise white fur). And Fiver's name was pretty much picked before we brought him home (as well as SweetPea's). Both of those just sprang to mind. :)

Hugs!

SnowyShiloh,

You got another bunner? When did I miss this news? :? Regardless, he's cute!

Jenk

SnowyShiloh wrote:
LOL Jen! We got him like three weeks ago. I've had several threads about him...
But I thought that your cut-off was two rabbits? :? Or did someone change his mind about that?

Jenk wrote:
SnowyShiloh wrote:
LOL Jen! We got him like three weeks ago. I've had several threads about him...
But I thought that your cut-off was two rabbits? :? Or did someone change his mind about that?

Well, we've had 3 since last September so we've been over 2 for quite a while! It was Paul's idea to get Ned. Ned was adopted from the animal shelter by a friend of Paul's friend, and they decided after a week that they couldn't keep him so asked Paul if we wanted him. For whatever reason Paul wanted him since he was coming from an acquaintance (don't really know why that made a difference, but to him it did). I think the ear issue also made Paul want him.

I get the feeling that we've either reached our threshold or we're going to have 7 rabbits a year from now (haha)! The difference between 3 and 4 seems nonexistent.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I get the feeling that we've either reached our threshold or we're going to have 7 rabbits a year from now (haha)! The difference between 3 and 4 seems nonexistent.

It's funny that you say four bunnies are not much different than three. To us, three is a big step up from two. Then again, both of our girls have health issues that crop up with little warning, so that's a regular stressor.If they all had cast-iron digestive systems, I'd feel more at ease.

Plus, we now go through 10 lbs. of hay per week. In that regard, two bunnies cost us less. Still, I love all three of them dearly and, so, can understand you loving your crew of four. :)

Back