Some bad news

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishiko

Reaction score
I posted a fewdays ago about my bunny bouncing around in her cage. I was worried shewould hurt herself but now that’s the least of my worries. The bloodwork came back and she is having liver and kidney problems. She’s noteating anything besides lettuce and I can only get her to drink waterfrom a glass while holding her on my lap. I worried becauseshe’s losing weight so fast. I tried to force feed her but all she doesit spit the food out. The stress of this along with all my finalscoming up quick is really stressing me out..I can barely get anythingdone.

The vet said they could either takesome x-rays or a sonogram of her abdomen but that may not even showwhat’s wrong. I’m just worried that it’s too late and honestly I don’tknow if I have the money for all that now. I might have to put her tosleep. I don’t want her to starve to death and I just don’t know how Iwill get along without her. She's my baby.

I’ve got another bunny, a tiny blackand white netherland dwarf named Cloud and he’s terribly adorable butit’s just not the same. He doesn’t like me to pick him up or hold himand he can never jump on the sofa and watch tv with me. He's just happybounding and racing around my living room.

I’m just praying that Momo will start eating soon…

I hope Momo gets better!!

Cloud sounds JUST like my netherland dwarf Crescent (who's also blackand white) so I know how you feel...all she likes to do is run aroundthe basement and chew cardboard...

I hope Momo gets better soon! I'll keep myfingers crossed for her. Just do what you can, it sounds like you'realready trying your best so don't give up. :) Here's hoping for you two!

I'm so sorry, I know how stressful it is when one of our babies is ill.

Keep us up to date on her. For now, I'd try to give her some Nutricalto keep her system moving. Try to feed her anything she'll eat, naturaloatmeal would be good for her too.

I'm so sorry to hear Momo isn't doingwell. I was going to suggest Nutrical too, it's also anappetite stimulant. Thoughts and prayers for you and Momo.

Jen

*bunny hugs* from Daisy, Sage, Basil, Elvis, Orion and Saphy

Try force feeding parsley. Take thestem and push it in and gently push. It should start chewingsince it has no choice. Push had enough to keep the parsleygoing in but back off is he cannot keep up. Feed as much asyou can a couple times a day.

You also may need a syringe to feed water or even force water.

Ed

So sorry things aren't going well...

Just wanted to say...I noticed you wrote that you were feeding herlettuce....is it romaine lettuce or just regular lettuce?Because if it's regular, it really has no nutritional value and canlead to diarreah due to the large water content...just wanted to letyou know this if you didn't know already.

Sorry again,

-Vanessa

Latest posts

Back