So - how long will he shed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coco_puffs

Reaction score
Coco is shedding in a big way! I know my parrots need extra rest and good nutrition when they molt. I'm wondering if Coco has any special needs during this time, and how long with this little fuzzball decorate my t-shirts??

It really varies with rabbits. I have some that stay molting and only have a good coat 3months out of the year. Usually when my French lop went through a big molt it would last at least a month. Keep brushing then give plenty of hay and watch for strings of poop. If you start seeing hair in the poop then give papaya or pineapple (these break down the proteins in hair and will help things move throu) papaya tablets are available and some of my buns will take it right out of my hand and munch on it. Molting can be rough on their condition so just make sure you're watching them and make sure they don't get too skinny. You can add some black oil sunflower seeds and oatmeal to their feed to help with condition and coat. Don't give alot though and stop when they stop molting. My little Brit gets rough in flesh condition when he molts and i can start feeling his hips protruding more than normal so I try to give him some. Ill usually only do a 4 or 5 part feed to 1 part sunflower seeds.

Thank you so much for your help! It was extremely informative. I had a feeling that he probably needs something a little extra during this time. He's still shedding - a lot! He must change out every hair on his whole body!

Latest posts

Back