Snowy is gone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
I came home late, last night, and found two cagedoors open in the basement. I had brought all the outdoor buns inbecause of the high temps & humidity. Evie & Snowy are housedin the top 2 tiers, of a four tier cage that is 6 feet high & 3feet square. Evie was fine, but Snowy was sitting in a very oddposition and didn't come to greet me & lick my face.

I realized that her back was broken. I fed her (pellets, oatmeal,papaya, carrots, and hay) and cleaned the cage...the usual stuff. I hadhoped that when I brought her to the Vet, this morning, that ananti-inflammatory would help her and that, with time, she would be hernormal silly self. She was such a silly rabbit!! My Vet checked herover and there was nothing that could be done for her. Snowy was 7years old.

This is her, in her hutch, when she came here last year:

040708%20030_t.jpg

This is her, inside for the winter, glaring at me from her "cubby". Shehad been an outdoor rabbit, all her life, and preferred to be outside.

041218_036a.thumb.jpg

Being that the door to Noodles cage was also open (top tier of anotherunit), we think that someone came in an opened the doors. The basementdoor was unlocked.

Snowy was a little shy with strangers. My Vet said that something hadto have frightened her very much for this to have had happened. Shewasn't afraid of the cats, so it wasn't them. Fortunately, the other 8rabbits, in the basement, are okay. The basement door will be keptlocked from now on. I am perplexed...I wish they could talk.

Snowy will be buried, next to Lumpy, in a little while.

She will be missed, very much, especially by my girlfriend who was in love with her.

We will see each other again, at the Rainbow Bridge. I can see herhopping towards me with a mouthful of grass. She was such a sillyrabbit.

Geez, Dootsmom!Ya think it would get easier losing them over the long time we've had buns, but it doesn't, does it?It still hurts and is full of a lot of sadness and melancholy.

If there is a Rainbow Bridge, and I suspect there must be something like it, you are certainly going to be surrounded by a bunch of bouncing, beaming, binkying bunnies when you cross!

My consolation, thoughts and prayers are with you this day in your loss of Snowy.

Buck

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. You areobviously such a good bunny parent. Give extra love to thebunnies that are left for me - ok?

Peg

Ahhh, Buck. She's the third one that I've lostin the last 5 years. My love Lumpy (2 years ago), Buttons (last year),and now Snowy. No, it doesn't get easier. Right now, I feel like alousy Mother for not being here to protect her when she needed me themost.

Thank you, and everyone, for your kind thoughts & prayers.

She's at rest now and I can't stop crying.

I'm so sorry about Snowy :(

Prayers and good thoughts sent ...

Dearest Dootsmom,

Isn't it incredible that not only does the pain of losing a rabbit notget easier; but how with every rabbit that dies, we find a way to blameourselves for it? We don't think about the life and love we gave therabbit, just how if we had done one thing different, everything wouldbe right.

I'm heartfully sorry to hear about Snowy. I do know that the years shehad with you were her best and happiest. Her being so silly wasevidence of that. With you, she bloomed and had that sillinessrecognized and could express it. When you're being silly, you're moodis a happy one.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers, Dear Friend, for the next few days.

As to it being your fault, it was not. God only knows when Snowywould've died before you stepped in as her mother. I hold yourexperience and how you parent and take care of all of your rabbits inThe Highest Esteem. If it could've been prevented, you would've. Whenyou did learn of Snowy's state, you did everything you could to pullher out. There's nothing more you could've done.

Even if you were standing right there, Dootsmom, who's to say that she wouldn't've broken her back with a twist she did?

With Deepest Sympathy and Love,
-Carolyn

:rose:

I am so terribly sorry.:( I am sittinghere, crying. I usually don't cry from something like this,but as Tina said, it is heartbraking.:sad::tears2: But, onthe bright side, you will see her at the Rainbow Bridge.

Ally

:purplepansy:

I am sorry Dootsmom forSnowy leaving you sounexpectedly. Don't blameyourself, you've done what anybody herewould of, bringing the bunnies in from theheat. You are a good bunnymommy.Blinky free Snowy.

Rainbows! :angel:

Latest posts

Back