Sneaky Bunny Mom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tauntz

Reaction score
My buns had been eating the Oxbow Essentials. I recently bought the Oxbow Beneterra pellets as they were out of the Essentials. My bunnies mostly get their pellets as a treat. So I was giving them their treat Beneterra pellets & both buns sniffed & stuck up their nose. Neither one would even take a little bite to see if it was good or bad tasting! Anyway so I was about to eat their favorite treat of all, a banana! I wasn't going to give them the banana treat since they refused to take a single bite of the pellet. Then I got the idea! They could have their banana treat & I could have them try the Beneterra pellets! I rubbed the tip of one of the pellets in a little piece of the banana & offered it to them! It worked! They ate the banana coated pellet & wanted more! lol I only gave them two banana coated pellets each since it was a change & did not want to upset any tummies or anything. Will do it again tomorrow. Try a few pieces without banana & if they still stick up those adorable bunny noses I will be sneaky again & do the banana coating. Sometimes a bunny mom just has to be sneaky to get them to try something healthy. :biggrin2::yahoo::clapping:

Good thinking! I give Ripley a supplement called Booster and sometimes I've done the same with it. Also, I like to mix that and medication when he's on it and hates it into a little bit of applesauce-works like a charm!

lol, that is too cute Tauntz! And a good idea too. I've had to coat food for Ash before too when I need him to eat something. Lets hope for the best, and that they'll keep eating the pellets! :)

Thanks, Elise! I hope they will eat these pellets at least until I get the Oxbow Essentials. Things have been so busy & crazy with my schedule that I just didn't realize I was needing to get my bunny girls pellets so soon. Normally I am well organized & order or buy food so that I have it in plenty of time before their food runs out but not this time. Bad bunny mom! Bad & sneaky! lol

:woohoo Just tried the Beneterra pellets/treats, both buns ate them with no banana coating! Looks like as long as there's no tummy upsets they will be eating these pellets! :jumpforjoy:

Anyone know exactly what the difference is in the Oxbow pellets (Essentials & Beneterra)? Is one better for the buns or is it just whichever ones you can get & they are basically the same nutrition-wise? I think the Essentials has molasses as one of their ingredients.

Latest posts

Back