small bunny poops after boarding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnypop

Reaction score
i came back from an 11 day long trip and got my two bunnies back from the boarding place an hour ago and both of their poops are small and dark, which is very different compared to their normal poops.

i was thinking this could be from the stress of the car ride and being away for so long ?? they're eating well, moving and hopping, and seem happy to be home. they seem really hungry and one of my buns has definitely lost weight :-( i have a lot of hay for them to eat now that they're home

It's likely just because of the stress of travelling and being in a new place. it is also possible that the boarding place did something but as long as they are still behaving normally, I'm sure they're fine. Just make sure to offer lots of hay and water, and keep an eye on their poops and eating habits over the next few days.

It can stress some rabbits a lot to be in a new place without their usual people around, which can affect their appetite. If they're eating their hay really well now that they're back home and their behavior seems normal, then it's likely their poop should get back to normal by the next day or two. Like Apollo's Slave said, just keep a close eye on them and their eating for the next few days.

If you happen to ever do boarding again, you'll just want to make sure the person doing it is very rabbit experienced. An experienced rabbit owner will notice a rabbit's poop getting small and the rabbit not eating well, and know that this is not a good sign. Or if that isn't a possibility, give a very thorough tutorial to someone inexperienced, of the signs to look out for when a rabbit isn't doing well, and what to do if this happens.

Latest posts

Back