Silver fox question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnytopia

Reaction score
Hi all, hope all is well in your bunnylands! does anybody happen to know what the breeding age of silver foxes is, i know it can differ from breed to breed but we are unsure of the foxes!

:bunnydance:Sam:bunnydance:

Here is the home page for the silver fox specialty club

http://www.nationalsilverfoxrabbitclub.org/

I could not find the answer right off on the website and I need to make supper - but maybe you could email someone who runs the club?

Peg

Do you mean when they mature or when it is best to start breeding? Many times they can start way before you should for various reasons. . .

Kat

KatsMeowTree wrote:
Do you mean when they mature or when it is best to start breeding? Many times they can start way before you should for various reasons. . .

Kat
This is a really good question and I hadn't thought of it....

For example - I know that lionheads *can* breed at 3 months...but most breeders that I know wait until 4.5 - 5 months before breeding. My earliest I've bred was 4.5 months and it was successful (VERY) but I usually wait till 5 months if the doe is a smaller doe. I've got some here that need to be bred soon as they're almost 7 months old...

Peg

i guess i should of been a bit more clear in my question sorry guys! well what i usually do is leave them a month or so after they mature so if they mature at 3 months i would wait till they are 4-5 months like u sed peg, so i guess the question would be what age is best for silver foxes?

Sam x

p.s thanx for the link peg i will take a look now.

I can easily breed my New Zealands and Californians without any stunted growths at 6-7 months depending on the rabbit. I'd say that would be a good figure for you also.

Kat

Sometimes when you wait until the 8 months or over your does will not breed as easily. I actually find that it is easiest to do between 7-9 months of age.

Latest posts

Back