Should I get a bigger litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEE65

Reaction score
Okay, I've been bragging about how my rabbitsare pretty much litter trained. Well.....(sigh).... theydecided that they were going to be mad at me today for only givingthem2 hours outside of their cage to play. It was avery busy day and that was all I could do and that was first thing thismorning. So when I got home they decided to move their litterbox and they urinated on the floor. So I need someadvice. I currently have the corner type litter box and forthe last 2 days I've had to change it twice a day. SinceRachet's system seems to be much better they sure do poop and pee alotandI mean alot. They are also drinking so much moreone of their bottles was actually empty today (I have 2 in their cage).So I was thinking that maybe I would get a bigger litter box, maybe oneof those square boxes instead of the corner boxes. Do youthink that would totally mess them up? Please advise.

Thanks,
Charlie :foreheadsmack:

Well my rabbits are kinda litter trained lol butyou can get ones which are bigger and have plastic round the side andthey cant kick it out but i always have to clean mine out twice it justnormal i think but depends what your bunnies like more hope i havehelped george xxx

As my rabbits have gotten larger I have gottenlarger litter boxes also and I think it helps. As long as youput it in the same spot as the old box I think that you will befine. My bunnies are creatures of habbit and if I try to moveone of their boxes to a more convenient location (for me)theywill go on the floor where the old box was located, so I have learnedto leave their boxes in the spots that they have picked.

I've been lucky with Pebbles. I canuse any type of litter box with any type of litter and putthe box anywhere in the room, and she will find itand use it. :cool:

I had to get bigger boxes with higher sides for her,because she will sit in the smaller boxes with her bum overthe edge and pee. :X

Recently, she started to poop andpee outside the box, so I had to confine her to asmaller space and her litter habits improved.

Rainbows! :angel:

thank you guys so much for your help.I think I will go with a larger litter box. They did muchbetter today since I kindof put something in front so they can't movethe litter box. Plus, I gave them more time out of thecage. I believe they spent like 6 hours outside the cagetoday so they are not throwinga tantrum. It's alsopossible that it was an accident that they peed on the floor because itwas so close to the litter box. I guess they thought theywere in it but missed. I will try a bigger one and see whathappens.

CHEE65 wrote:
thank you guys so much for your help. I think Iwill go with a larger litter box. They did much better todaysince I kindof put something in front so they can't move the litterbox. Plus, I gave them more time out of the cage. Ibelieve they spent like 6 hours outside the cage today so they are notthrowinga tantrum. It's also possible that it wasan accident that they peed on the floor because it was so close to thelitter box. I guess they thought they were in it butmissed. I will try a bigger one and see whathappens.

Sometimes I think they back their rumps so far in the corner of thebox, they hang over the side. Well, at least that is what Ikeep telling myself ;)

Well I bought a bigger litter box, still acorner one but a lot bigger and they are doing great now.Once again they act like they are litter trained.LOL. Thank you again for your help.

Charlie

Latest posts

Back